Moving to bb free apt

(3 posts)
  1. sassy123

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 1 2015 15:09:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I found an apt and checked the bed bug registry and found no posts. I tried using the HPD website but the bldg could not be found. Does anyone know the reason for this. I am planning on checking the apt by a Bb dog but that can only happen after I sign the lease. Any ideas?

Greatly appreciated

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun May 3 2015 18:39:48
    #

Login to Send PM

sassy,
    Did the landlord give you the bed bug disclosure form which should be attached to the lease?
    If not, that's a red flag (and illegal) in NYC.
    If they did, then they're disclosing whether the apartment and building have had bed bugs in the past year and that should be helpful.
    See this post about the NYC bed bug disclosure form -- and the linked sample.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. sassy123

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue May 5 2015 10:06:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for informing me. This is what happened in the current Bb apt I'm in. There was no disclosure form. I never had experience in bb's or looking for an apt in over 13 yes so didn't know. With Realtors, that's the first thing I tell them. If there's a history or no disclosure form, I'm not interested. I will be reporting the new LL to the city for this violation.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,670 posts in 49,315 topics over 152 months by 21,612 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE