Moving tip for suitcases

(4 posts)
  1. cafeidon

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Nov 30 2018 1:24:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all, thanks in advance for the help. I’m moving out of my apartment that has bed bugs, and needed some advice on how to make sure I don’t take any bugs with my suitcase itself ( I’m planning to toss away my clothes etc for peace of mind). Here are some steps that I was thinking of:

1. Vacuum every reachable inch of the suitcase
    2. Spray cleaning alcohol over it (alcohol percentage probably not more than 50 though, can’t find anything higher)
    3. Take the suitcase to the bathroom and flush the whole thing with hot water, temperature probably around 60C / 140F
    4. Wipe down suitcase and blow dry every reachable corner

Are there other steps that I could take for extra precaution? Also please note that I’ll be doing all this in the apartment that has bed bugs.

Thanks!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Nov 30 2018 1:58:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Place it in the bath.

Conduct a finger tip inspection off all seams, edges and appropriate areas.

Use the crevice tool on the vacuum cleaner.

Get on with life as normal.

If you do find a bed bugs spray it with dilute detergent as a contact killer.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. cafeidon

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Sun Dec 2 2018 8:21:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David! Your help is always most appreciated

4. SalsaVince

Posted 11 months ago
    Sun Dec 2 2018 12:26:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Think it over before you toss out your clothes because that is often unnecessary. Clothes are one of the things that are most treatable for bed bugs since you can throw them in the washer and dryer and if Done Right can be 100% sure that there are no surviving bed bugs or eggs on them. Bed bugs are costly enough as it is without having to throw away our possessions when we don't need to. And be careful with overuse of alcohol as a prevention method. As David mentioned, you can use things like that or the detergent to treat them where you see bugs and eggs but just covering everything with alcohol as a precaution might not be very effective and even dangerous because it's so flammable.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,662 posts in 50,011 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me