Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

Moving Success - (Moving Truck with Vikane)

(3 posts)
  1. vigilantinLA

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Dec 19 2011 17:21:53
    #

Login to Send PM

A few months ago, I posted about success with Los Angeles based Isotech's K9 unit in this thread: DogSuccess
    Let me preface this success story by saying it was my boyfriend's BB problem at his Los Angeles apartment building. He loved his newly redone apartment, but had to move because of his careless building managers/owners. We found out that they've had the problem FOR YEARS and haven't dealt with it properly. I want to send out an APB about this place but I don't even know where to start.

My BF decided to Vikane his stuff in a moving truck to because after two "treatments" in his old apartment, he saw them in his kitchen (studio apartment, they scattered), and one BB in his printer. We were worried they could be anywhere.

Going to TRY to make a long story short: He used Isotech. They have had great success with treatment, and were super when I used them for K9 detection in my own place. My BF put all his stuff into a moving truck. Everything besides food and medication. Everything. Records, new computer, mattress, box spring, etc. All he had on his person was his clothes, and I even packtited that to make sure everything was being treated.
    After packing the truck, he drove it to Isotech's headquarters. And there he left it for three days while it was being treated. Unfortunately, I don't know the ins and outs of the Vikane treatment, (how long it lasts, if they use a tarp, etc,) but if you're interested in doing the treatment, I know they'd be helpful.

So after the treatment, he moved into the new bugless apartment and even packtited his books and his record covers. He was being extra cautious even though everything was treated with the Vikane.

That was in October. We had Zip the Dog from Isotech come by a couple of days before Thanksgiving to sniff his place out, and Zip cleared the new place, all his stuff and his car, and we are happy to say that my BF hasn't seen any trace of them and I haven't gotten any new bites when I stay there. (I was the one they were biting, so I was/am the litmus test. Ugh.)

Happy that the short but very, very taxing nightmare is over. The only thing that remains are my old itchy bites from August. Seriously. I had a severe allergic reaction to them and in my case, the bites wont stop being itchy until they are scabbed over. Gross, I know.

Few things:
    - This site is what gave us the right information on what to do. Made what seemed like a giant problem into one that we could get through step by step. Hoping I won't have to ever come back here, but if I need to, its good to know there are experts who know what they're talking about.
    - Being bit by a BB is traumatic. I had to go to back to therapy.
    - Now I know what to look for in hotel rooms. I checked before I slept in a Las Vegas hotel over Thanksgiving. Somewhat of a relief to take precautions.
    - It's okay to freak out for a while, and they're annoying as hell, but you can beat them. It's not going to last forever, and people have to deal with it every day. (Therapy helped.)

I will continue to stay vigilant, I will continue to not take BB's lightly, and take precautions when necessary, but I am going to be a little less freaked out by it all. Life's not worth it.

Thanks, everyone!

2. ohnotooks

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Dec 19 2011 17:37:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for sharing your story!

3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Dec 19 2011 19:51:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks again for sharing your story! Hope you are non-itchy soon!

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14