Moving soon! Have bad infestation, how to NOT take these with me :(

(3 posts)
  1. Itchylegs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 1 2017 15:38:18
    #

Login to Send PM

[b]I Need HELP. I have a two month old baby and till this morning I was the only one who reacted out of me, my husband, and my baby. Now she has bite marks on her hand :(! Our landlord is the one supposed to fix this issue but is being cheap. He came (by himself, not a professional) and sprayed some poison on our bed.. That was a week ago. Since he came the infestation has gotten WORSE!!!! What the hell!? We threw out most our furniture, dried and put our clothes in bags, bought the powder stuff, bought alcohol, sprayed poison ourselves and nothing has worked. So we are moving. How do I not bring bed bugs to the new apartment once we find one?

2. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 1 2017 18:32:14
    #

Login to Send PM

If by state law or city law, your landlord is suppose to address the issue, there should be a authority you can contact such as housing commission to address his lack of complience. Him coming in and spraying himself is illegal unless he is a licensed pco himself. You could even consider getting legal counsel as he may be liable for lost property and the cost of your move since he has not addressed the issue properly.

As for moving without taking them, it is not easy and even people who seem to do everything right, often fail.

I'm not saying you shouldn't try, cause I am in the process of doing the same thing. But you need to do your best treating every single thing you own. Ways to treat your things include heat using a dryer, heat using a packtite, or load your stuff in a moving truck and have it fumigated with vikane.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  3. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 2 2017 3:44:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is a link to some travel tips which will apply to moving
    http://bedbugger.com/2006/11/02/faq-how-not-to-spread-bed-bugs-to-others-when-you-visit-their-homes/

By the way seeing more bedbugs after a treatment can happen as they are trying to escape the poison. One treatment is rarely enough. Call your landlord again to get another treatment

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,715 posts in 48,877 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver