Moving Questions

(1 post)
  1. ineedhelp

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Apr 18 2011 5:38:59
    #

Login to Send PM

It would be best if someone who moved successfully can share there story, and provide tips.

I just moved 2 days ago. The place i was renting before was just a room in a house, and i just moved to a new room in another house. So far i havent really brought much with me as i am terrified of bringing something with me.

I have a question about how bugs can be on your clothes and hitch a ride. Is the only way to get an infestation if you are carrying an adult female? are they asexual? reproduces without a male? If you had 1 nymph on your clothes that couldnt start an infestation could it? Im just curious on how they travel and start reproducing.

So far what ive done is went to a laundromat put my clothes in wash at highest temp and put in dryer for 30-45mins. After this i put the clothes in a zip lock bag...i went back to my old flat took a shower and put on fresh clothes in the bathroom from the zip lock bag and left. i brought my lap top which i think is fine (or hope) and when not using it put it in a zip lock bag. everything i have with me so far (little bit not lot yet) is in a zip lock bag. I am scared to bring a few things with ,me, so afraid a little nymph might somehow be on me!

my guitar is my number 1 concern and the case. does this sound like a good idea...use rubbing alcohol around the outer shell of the case....and steam iron the inside of the case?

any tips on moving would be great. I do not own a lot of things nor furniture...just clothes, lap top, DVD player, DVD's , guitar and few other minor things.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,216 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls