Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Moving out in a few weeks, how do I prevent an infestation in the new apartment?

(5 posts)
  1. Kalarr

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 17 2017 9:43:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm moving out in a few weeks. I've decided that i'm taking nothing except my clothes, PS4, PS3 and laptop. I don't wanna replace any of these (mainly 'cause the laptop costed me $2600), how do I make sure that there are no bedbugs in them? and how do I get them checked and treated just in case?

I haven't seen any in any of them, and I don't think the infestation is big enough for them to get in these electronics, but i'd still like to take precautions.

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 17 2017 10:11:04
    #

Login to Send PM

If you do a search of the site for user named P Bello, you will find a plethora of pro information on DDVP and how to properly treat electronics.

I hope that helps!

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. LAbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 17 2017 10:16:25
    #

Login to Send PM

im in the same boat. gotta move out in 11 days. i dont think my infestation was extensive enough to leave the bed, but my stuff went from the dryer into ziplocks then straight into my freezer for storage. my laptop is what im worried about, but i havent seen any on it and ive been looking like a maniac. still worried about contaminating a new place.

4. Tim m

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 17 2017 10:51:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm in the same boat as both of you. All my game consoles are in the living room ground zero is my couch. My pco told me to store them in the basement for tomorrow's heat treatment. I'm no pro but that sounds like a really bad idea. So I'm leaving them for the heat treatment if they break owell better safe than sorry.

5. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 17 2017 12:28:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey guus, we might as well call this the moving thread. I'm in the same boat.

My ps3, laptop, and other electronics have been in jumbo zip locks with ddvp strips since april... ya, it's sucked.

Moving is hard with bed bugs. Do not underestimate them, they will move with you if you do. No way in hell I'd risk a mattress and box spring regardless of the size of the infestation.

I also want to point out that try and make sure that the place your moving into doesn't have them. I ran into that very issue but luckily hadn't moved my fumigation stuff in yet. Read my thread titled "omfg".

Good luck guys, treat everything you're taking one way or another.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,894 posts in 50,058 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019