(3 posts)
  1. Jen27

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed May 16 2012 8:15:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone,

So I've been bed bug free since I moved last October (the entire apt building before was infested) ... I'll be moving in a couple weeks into a new apartment (in the current building I'm in) with my boyfriend. I'm excited, but as it gets closer I can feel myself getting nervous about bed bugs (and I even know the people who live in the apartment we're moving into - and they don't have them).

Still... I was on a bus for 7 hours on Sunday... and found one bite on the back of my thigh... which since it's been more humid I've been telling myself it's just a mosquito bite. But my arm was itchy this morning - I saw two VERY tiny pink dots ... which barely looked like bites but still freaked me out. It's likely that they're related to eczema (since there was a bit of a rash like looking thing near them - i only every get eczema on my arms).

I checked my apartment and bed and see nothing. I have no other bites. I'm just paranoid I think.

What do you guys think?

2. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed May 23 2012 5:09:49
    #

Login to Send PM

if you want peace of mind, put on some plain white sheets for a week or so, watch for blood stains, fecal stains . I don't know if you have K9 in your area, but if you do, don't hesitate to fork out the money even if it puts you out a little. If you get a clear and a negative you'll stop itching very fast and the worry will go away (assuming there is no signs on your sheets)

one tends to check every single little spots on their body and worry about them after a bedbug situation, long after it has been resolved, which perhaps is your case, give your mind a break and get a dog to sniff your stuff

good luck

Andrea
    not a PCO
    Spinal Cord Injury Advocacy/Volunteer
  3. fkbedbugs

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 30 2012 19:04:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I know exactly how you feel. I feel itchy all the time and half crazy. I am currently looking for somewhere else to live as well. To me, my apartment of four years feels contaminated.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,318 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto