(4 posts)
  1. pumpkinpie84

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 25 2016 9:17:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I am moving soon. Treatment is complete and there are no new signs of bugs.

Question... I have about 50 giant Ziplocks full of clothing... no more money for more plastic bins...how do I go about packing the Ziplocks? Cheap option is put them as they are in large cardboard boxes, but cardboard makes me nervous because bugs could live in them. And the boxes would be sitting in my apartment for a week or so before the moving company arrived. I'm afraid if one little bug didn't die, it will get in a cardboard box and start a new infestation. Help!

2. AshamedandScratching

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 25 2016 10:58:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi!

I moved and what I did was crazy but worked for me, both for allowing me to emotionally recover and not bring hitchhikers.

I packed all my stuff after I treated it in heavy weight clear plastic bags. I then sealed them in tape and then bagged them again, sealing the second bag with clear packing tape. When I arrived at my move in location, the outside bag was removed by turning inside out and then stuffed into a bag. The item, now only in one bag was taken inside immediately.

I put smaller bags in clear plastic containers which I sealed with taped and then bagged immediately. This outside bag was removed like a sock an tossed. Only the inside sealed plastic went upstairs.

Extra work, but with anxiety and PTSD I needed to be super controlled in moving my stuff around.

3. pumpkinpie84

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 25 2016 12:25:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you think it would work well to go ahead and place the bagged items in large cardboard boxes, but immediately wrap then in saran wrap with tape used to seal it? That way no bugs can enter the boxes. What do you think?

4. FoundASpot

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Apr 26 2016 17:14:04
    #

Login to Send PM

That sounds like an awful lot of saran wrap, which could get expensive and very difficult to properly wrap large cardboard boxes. Maybe you could get a box of giant 3mil plastic contractor bags and place the boxes inside, and duct tape the bags closed, to be sure?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14