Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Moving- How can I avoid bringing them with me?

(2 posts)
  1. desperateAndGoingInsane

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jun 25 2016 19:30:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone,

I have been dealing with bed bugs for some time now. I had been heat treated, unfortunately it was not successful. I had expressed my concerns after being bitten again and was told they would not treat again unless I caught another bug. Fast forward about three months, I finally found one and caught it. The only problem is I am relocating for a new job. I am just finishing college and I have already pushed back my start date once. I am nervous to do so again, and don't really want to disclose I have bed bugs to my recruiter. I am going back to my home town for a few weeks to stay with family. I can't stand this apartment anymore. Im exhausted and want to sleep in a bed again rather than the linoleum floor in the kitchen.

with that being said, I have decided to have a company dispose of my furniture. I have also decided to dispose of my clothing, and other items. I am keeping my smaller electronics (Laptops, PS4, headset, gaming peripherals, electronics projects, etc), and I have put them all in ziploc xl bags. My parents told me that the have bought one of those bed bug heat treatment bags, so I guess I will treat those individual items then. However, I have a rather expensive snowboard that is only about a year old ,and I do not wish to get rid of it if I don't have to. What is the best way to go about keeping this larger item without bringing these nightmarish bugs with me?

Thanks in advance,
    desperateAndGoingInsane

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jun 28 2016 7:49:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi here is an old thread about moving. BTW if you inspect your snowboard carefully and remove any eggs and BBs from it. It will be fine. I would suggest spraying it with insecticide but not sure if any of the ingredients could strip the varnish off it.

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/how-to-move-without-bringing-the-bugs-along

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,005 posts in 49,870 topics over 154 months by 21,824 of 22,292 members. Latest: bnorth, Nl9045, Sairuhh