Moving Furniture

(2 posts)
  1. Alldara

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Sep 18 2013 16:51:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello! We're moving in less then two weeks. Everything is being steamed, bagged, DE in the bag, Bag sealed, binned, bin taped, bin bagged.
    How do I ensure my furniture is safe to go? The only pieces we are bringing are: I dresser, one nightstand, on bookshelf and one desk.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Sep 19 2013 1:12:50
    #

Login to Send PM

You can't be 100% certain. Steam works very well, but it's a contact killer and multiple treatments may be necessary. "DE in the bag" doesn't add much, since bed bugs have to cross DE to die and it's not clear they'd have reason to do that in a bag.

If you want to be more certain, you may be able to have your belongings treated with Vikane gas or heat in a sealed chamber or moving truck en route.

Otherwise, I'm not an expert but I would at least consider implementing a passive monitoring system (see monitors FAQ) at the new home, checking it once a week, and being ready to get treatment promptly if you discover any signs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,559 posts in 49,289 topics over 152 months by 21,600 of 22,025 members. Latest: eldina714, Eevee, cat