Moving from one place to another

(1 post)
  1. Gahhh

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Mar 27 2015 11:49:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I have had a relatively light infestation, although the PCO at my apartment has not eradicated the problems completely despite several attempts. I am moving out of my apartment, as the lease is up and will live with family for a few months while I look for a house.

My plan is to wash all my clothes in hot water and dry them on hot or dry clean them before I take them to my family's house. Also, I plan to store other possessions, mainly books or papers in the family basement in giant ziploc bags and/or watertight and airtight containers. I will also keep my bed in the basement (I will sleep in the guest room where there is already a bed). I believe my bed will be safe in the basement because it it encased in a Terminix mattress cover and a Terminix box spring cover.

I am also planning to keep my television and television stand (Metal). Do you think the television should be safe to hook up right away? If not, I am not sure what to do with it since it will not fit in a giant ziploc bag or one of the boxes.

I am going to throw most everything out except books, papers, and some other sundry items, such as my toothbrush and razor . I am throwing these things out because it is all used furniture or things I don't really need. Everything I keep will be bagged or in airtight/watertight boxed except clothes, prepared as mentioned above, the television, some papers I can't do without for 1.5 years, such as checks and tax documents, and my hygiene items (toothbrush, etc). I will bag those papers in big, but not the biggest, ziploc bags and only access as necessary.

Thoughts?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,415 posts in 50,190 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams