Moving from infestation

(3 posts)
  1. y2j514

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jun 19 2013 8:34:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I moved into an apartment building (about 40 units) last year with no knowledge of an infestation. 2 weeks later the building manager knocks on my door to spray. Needless to say I was extremely unhappy. I have been suffering for the past year with this problem, and am now moving.

I do not want to take them with me. For the past year I have been using the CO2 homemade traps, and have a mattress/box spring mattress but I know there are still bugs in the building and I occasionally get a bite here or there.

So I've read on the net on how to move out, and the general recommendations, but it essentially all says to look over your stuff and be careful - pretty terrible advice.

I have packed up most of my house and I want to put each box in plastic bags and put some dry ice in the bag to asphyxiate the bed bugs. Leaving them sealed do it again in 2 weeks.

The boxes I'm using are 3 cu ft, and obviously the contents take up some of the volume as well, so how much dry ice is needed to completely fill the box?

Is there a more practical way to do this? I live in Montreal - any other service available? If not, any suggestions?

Thank you for your help.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jun 19 2013 9:22:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Dry ice sublimation does not work in asphyxiating bedbugs and neither does a complete air replacement with controlled CO2.

It may stun bedbugs into appearing dead but it will never be a reliable way of 100% killing them.

There are FAQ's on moving precautions and steps that you can take to decontaminate as you pack.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jun 19 2013 9:48:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi y2j514,

Here's one thread that discusses moving, there are many others. I know that in some places Vikane treatments and heat treatments are available for your belongings in route to moving to your new place. I do not know if that is available where you are located. Good luck!

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/moving-without-bringing-bed-bugs-to-your-new-place

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs