Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Moving from formerly infested apartment: precautions?

(4 posts)
  1. wolfyboy

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jun 27 2019 19:20:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all. I once posted here in late 2017 when my first bedbug infestation, caused by a neighbor's then-untreated infestation, occurred. Despite several mental breakdowns I managed to get rid of them, but lived in fear they would return. With this fear in mind, and not having any real scares (false alarms? plenty) since, I re-upped my lease (my job at the time made anything better unaffordable).

Less than two months after re-signing the lease, another neighbor had an untreated infestation, which again spread to my apartment. (It was nasty - one night, I heard the upstairs neighbors prep for a treatment, then watched a fleeing bug slowly crawl down my bedroom wall minutes later. Until I killed it dead.) This time, I was ready: Cimexa took care of most of the problem, but they got to my roommate's room instead of mine. Still, two treatments and they were gone. (Mostly - in March, a neighbor had a supposed "false alarm" according to the landlords, but they still came by and treated anyway... hm..)

With my lease finally ending next Friday, I am excited to move and finally start fresh. I'm not taking much with me, I know that's the key. I'm taking my clothing (most of which is still wrapped up in BB-proof bags and is getting a second 90-minute run through the dryer before entering the new apartment) and not much else. But I am taking my PC and my record collection, they hold incredible value to me. I already bought Nuvan strips a few weeks ago - I'm thinking of sealing my PC, my record collection and whatever else I decide to bring with me (no furniture, few non-essentials) in containers for the two weeks between leases, both for peace of mind and to protect my friend who's graciously letting me keep my stuff at his place. Is that the right course of action? My folks just got bedbugs, completely unrelated to my own issues, so I'm adamant about being on my game.

Also, side note: my roommate already moved a bunch of his stuff to a friend's house without treating it. His room was cleared months ago, but I don't think he was as thorough checking as I would be. I'm planning on Cimexa-ing the new apartment the moment I step foot inside. Any other precautions I should ask him to take?

2. blackavar

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jun 28 2019 8:48:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I think you're being very thorough about this, and you deserve now to relax. You've done your due diligence in preventing them from coming with you.

3. blackavar

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jun 28 2019 8:49:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I would not dust the new place unless you have proof of a new infestation. CimeXa still has risks you know.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jun 28 2019 9:40:49
    #

Login to Send PM

There's no need to treat your record collection or laptop if you're not finding signs on your bed or couch, etc...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956