Moving and would like to get rid of bed bugs

(3 posts)
  1. rfaction

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Mar 26 2017 2:16:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey guys. I made a post a week ago and since then did a DIY treatment but it definitely did not work or help at all, I'm still in bed bug hell.

I scheduled a free inspection/quote with Terminix, I plan to do the same with Orkin, and then a local PCO which I can't name since I think that's against the rules?

I live in an apartment, and we have a terrible infestation but we are moving on April 21st into a house and we absolutely want them off our belongins before we go.

Has anyone been in this situation and have tips on what to do if I have them but am moving? How to treat furniture? i am gettting a new bed but i have bookshelves and couches and stuff

Also do I need to do anything for my inspector like move furniture? they said nothing on the phone.

Terminix ans Orkin reviews or experiences would be greatly appreciated...

I'm stressing out too. I have mental illnesses already and this situation is driving me insane. Sometimes i feel like i wanna die. (dont worry,, that wont happen i just have intense anxiety, NO suicide here)

I also have no funds so paying for this might not even be possible....

Thanks for any responses.

2. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Mar 26 2017 6:32:50
    #

Login to Send PM

It might help to look up the policy regarding pests, particularly bed bugs, in your building. Most places the land lord is responsible.

What type of DIY did you try? There is a FAQ on the forum for DIY you just need to search it.

That's about all the info I can give you as I am not an expert. I really feel for you as I suffer from terrible anxiety as well.

Good luck.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  3. rfaction

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Mar 26 2017 17:48:57
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsbugme - 11 hours ago  » 
    It might help to look up the policy regarding pests, particularly bed bugs, in your building. Most places the land lord is responsible.
    What type of DIY did you try? There is a FAQ on the forum for DIY you just need to search it.
    That's about all the info I can give you as I am not an expert. I really feel for you as I suffer from terrible anxiety as well.
    Good luck.

Unfortunately, in my state and my complex the landlord makes us pay for it. So all they would do is sign a paper saying it's okay for PCOs to even work on the grounds.

I didn't pull DIY off of here, but what I did was use Hotshot Bed bug powder all over the infected areas, I washed and dried every fabric on hottest setting, vacuumed, and put covers on my mattress and box spring. I believe they're in the walls so there isn't anything I can do about that within my price range (heat treatment). Unless I bought my own heater, but that's very dangerous and I'm not about to light my house on fire.

I believe what I'll do is just keep vacuuming and cleaning, maybe steam clean, also spraying 91% rubbing alcohol near cracks of walls, and then when we move get them to fumigate the furniture inside the truck. But I have no idea how expensive that is either.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,257 posts in 46,267 topics over 141 months by 20,394 of 21,225 members. Latest: Llorenzaccio, morgan, mojo172