Moving and Nuvan strips

(12 posts)
  1. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Dec 19 2017 20:09:27
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I have been dealing with theses bugs since the beginning of November, when I found them in my couch. Couch was disposed of immediately. Landlord has done 3 treatments with Temprid SC and will do another this weekend. Cimexa was used also in outlets and switches. My mattress and box spring have been encased since I bought them 2 years ago. But I'm going to treat them also. So my question is, I will be moving at the end of January. What I'm planning on doing is lacking my house up in totes, like I do anyways, and placing a Nuvan strip in each tote and sealing them. I'm also planning to bag all my remaining furniture, which is wood, and placing a Nuvan strip in each. All clothes will be washed and dried on jot and then bagged and toted up. My shoes, purses and those items will be toted with a Nuvan strip and sealed. And I plan on leaving everything like that for NO LESS than 30 days. And nothing will be removed from the bags or totes until we have moved and 30 days has passed. Does anyone have any opinions, suggestions or what not, on this? I really would like some input. Thanks!!

2. Helerown

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Dec 19 2017 20:36:02
    #

Login to Send PM

You sound like me!! Lol, just making light of it, but all joking aside I think that's as thorough as you can be. Has any of your furniture been treated with Temprid also or was your landlord mainly spot treating? I am also going to try the strips as I have roughly 15 garbage bags of stuff that can't be put in the drier and I need (WANT) to treat it all before I even entertain taking the stuff back out. I would also love to hear people's thoughts on Nuvan strips as well...

3. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Dec 19 2017 22:29:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Helerown - 1 hour ago  » 
    You sound like me!! Lol, just making light of it, but all joking aside I think that's as thorough as you can be. Has any of your furniture been treated with Temprid also or was your landlord mainly spot treating? I am also going to try the strips as I have roughly 15 garbage bags of stuff that can't be put in the drier and I need (WANT) to treat it all before I even entertain taking the stuff back out. I would also love to hear people's thoughts on Nuvan strips as well...

I've been following your posts. Our stories are similar..lol. I've done alot of research and read a ton of reviews about Nuvan strips. And I really want to use them. I'm just hoping 30 days will be enough time. None of my furniture has been treated. I just found out last week when I spoke with a local PCO, who was absolutely nice and patient with my questions and he also offered some great advice, that my furniture should have been treated. My landlord has done all baseboard in the house. I'm also getting ready to buy some of the Temprid SC ready spray. I will treat the furniture. I am terrified of taking any with me. I have thought about just pitching the mattress and box spring and get a new set. But that's more money... I am worried...

4. bugged-cdn

Posted 10 months ago
    Wed Dec 20 2017 19:54:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Just be certain to follow the instructions to the letter with that stuff. It's not to be messed with. If you do use bags, check that the thickness meets the regs. and don't leave them where people, children or pets could rip them.

5. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Wed Dec 20 2017 20:46:33
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 47 minutes ago  » 
    Just be certain to follow the instructions to the letter with that stuff. It's not to be messed with. If you do use bags, check that the thickness meets the regs. and don't leave them where people, children or pets could rip them.

I am going to be using 2mil bags. The large furniture bags I found say they are 3mil. My totes will be sealed with shrink wrap and clearly labeled. The bags will be sealed with tape and labeled. Luckily, my cat hates bags. She does not go near them. And my son is 19, so he won't mess with them. I know from a local PCO to get a N95? mask. I hope that's right and I have a whole box of nitrile gloves. Once everything is ready to be opened, it will be done outside and aired out. I'm just worried that even after doing all of this, I will still have a few that make the move.... UGH!!!

6. Helerown

Posted 10 months ago
    Wed Dec 20 2017 21:17:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Catsmeow it sounds you are very thorough 👍🏻...I'm having a hard time being so thorough...at this point being I have a six year old who is very very active, and quite frankly I'm so extremely drained after the past two weeks of dealing with this, I'm DEPLETED and don't even know what to do next. It's been a HUGE change to my regular life and I'm having a hard time adjusting honestly. I'm doing as much as I physically can do alone but I fear it's not enough. No one will help me and everyone doesn't seem to understand how badly this is affecting me. I feel very overwhelmed. But you are doing a great job and being very proactive and that's all you can do. 😊

7. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Wed Dec 20 2017 23:01:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Helerown - 1 hour ago  » 
    Catsmeow it sounds you are very thorough 👍🏻...I'm having a hard time being so thorough...at this point being I have a six year old who is very very active, and quite frankly I'm so extremely drained after the past two weeks of dealing with this, I'm DEPLETED and don't even know what to do next. It's been a HUGE change to my regular life and I'm having a hard time adjusting honestly. I'm doing as much as I physically can do alone but I fear it's not enough. No one will help me and everyone doesn't seem to understand how badly this is affecting me. I feel very overwhelmed. But you are doing a great job and being very proactive and that's all you can do. 😊

Helerown, I'm only being thorough about moving. Or at least it feels that way. As for dealing with this now, I feel I am not doing so well. My house is tore apart. Bags of things sitting around everywhere. I had knee surgery literally 2 days after founding out that I have these bugs, so it has been a struggle. My son helps, he really does, but I don't want him to have to take on the brunt of this. I've been doing it. I haven't been vacuuming everyday, as I should. I actually have been doing it about every 3-4 days. I'm constantly looking everywhere in my house when I walk through it. Hell, I noticed some "spots" just yesterday on the ceiling, when in I go down my stairs. It was about 5, they were dark in color. Can't really say they were red or black or brown. But they were in the middle of the ceiling, literally!! I wiped them off and I believe it was fecal matter. I just got really depressed. More so than I already been. I've cried, I've gotten angry. I was speaking with my mom today and realized that the china hutch that she gave, that is about 30 years old will have to be thrown out. I can't treat it and I don't want to risk taking any bugs or eggs. She said just "pitch the damn thing". She's not upset by the fact that I probably will pitch it. By I'm upset.. she has seen what this is doing to me physically, emotionally and mentally... I hate it!! I completely understand how you are feeling!-

8. Helerown

Posted 10 months ago
    Wed Dec 20 2017 23:17:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh yes, the BAGS, the damn BAGS!!! That's basically all my upstairs is right now...an encased bed and all empty furniture and BAGS. The bags are driving me mad!! lol. You are doing the best you can, and honestly when I thought I hadn't done nearly enough, my PCO of 35+ years who is well known in my state for treating this crap successfully said I did an amazing job. One person can only do so much and I hope your knee is on the mend 💕

9. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Wed Dec 20 2017 23:42:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Helerown - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Oh yes, the BAGS, the damn BAGS!!! That's basically all my upstairs is right now...an encased bed and all empty furniture and BAGS. The bags are driving me mad!! lol. You are doing the best you can, and honestly when I thought I hadn't done nearly enough, my PCO of 35+ years who is well known in my state for treating this crap successfully said I did an amazing job. One person can only do so much and I hope your knee is on the mend 💕

Thank you! It is, just slowly. I wish a PCO was treating mine. Landlord won't pay for it and I certainly can't afford it. Landlord isn't treating furniture. That's why I will b buying the Temprid Ready spray, so that I can treat the furniture. I have no couch. But even if I had known it could have been treated, I still would have pitched it. There is no way I would or could have sat on it again... I would help you but we are several states apart!!!

10. bugged-cdn

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Dec 21 2017 13:53:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Luckily, my cat hates bags. She does not go near them.

That's taking a big risk. Do you plan to examine every bag with a magnifying glass every day? Otherwise how would you know a cat's claw didn't just happen to puncture one?

Again, this stuff is seriously dangerous. Do a search on organophosphate.

11. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Dec 21 2017 14:05:33
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 9 minutes ago  » 

Luckily, my cat hates bags. She does not go near them.

That's taking a big risk. Do you plan to examine every bag with a magnifying glass every day? Otherwise how would you know a cat's claw didn't just happen to puncture one?
    Again, this stuff is seriously dangerous. Do a search on organophosphate.

It maybe a "risk" if I left them out in the open. I guess I forget to clarify that anything bagged and toted, will be kept in a spare bedroom. The door won't be open so she can't get in. But even if not, she Is 8 years old and absolutely hates bags. She will not go near them at all. But I am taking precautions. I have done alot of research on the strips. I have been for almost 2 months. And I still look things up. Thank you for making sure I know what I'm taking on with using them.

12. El Salvaje

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Dec 21 2017 16:46:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello to you both! I just posted something regarding DDVP and will be watching this thread for updates. Hope you let us know how it works out! Best of luck!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,374 posts in 46,557 topics over 141 months by 20,533 of 21,396 members. Latest: jidhvs1, Darrellkking, jojo