MOVED need ID

(4 posts)
  1. rae7755

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jan 21 2018 23:33:44
    #

Login to Send PM

hey guys, same person here who moved, recovered account. so we went through three different forms of treatment before moving into the apartment two thursdays ago, so 10 days ago. we heat treated all of the stuff in the apartment that we were taking (just like 6 plastic boxes) then used nuvan strips on most of those items. we had our pc guys steam the car, and we washed and dried all of our clothes for more then 30 mins on high, vac sealed the bags, and put those in plastic containers. stuff i was unsure of went on our porch and froze for a week in the snow.

Tonight, on the floor, i found half a bed bug shell next to our bed. it was very yellowish in color, the back end of a bb, and had a very black dried middle. I couldnt tell if it was a molt or just a half a dead one. This either means means it was a molt and they are somewhere in are room that i cant find, or that it was a dead one that came out of the clean bags of laundry. It is confusing to find this, because i have not been bitten or experienced anything close to a bite in the last 11 days. I am also extremely allergic so i feel I would know if I was bit, its like a near death experience for me hah.

So what do you guys think, is it likely that one made its way to our new place? what should I do to find them? and from what I described, it is probably just half of a dried dead one from the dryer?

If anyone has any input please comment, thanks!

2. F. Pazos

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 2:43:48
    #

Login to Send PM

In my experience, you can find molted skins for very long time and that doesn't mean that they are still there, basically, it is very easy that a skin was anywhere that you didn't touch that much and during the moving it fell down... if it can give you peace of mind I would suggest to apply a preventive dust

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  3. rae7755

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 15:47:22
    #

Login to Send PM

What dust would you recommend? thanks for replying, it means a lot. Ive been trying not to freak out but obviously its not easy. i now have what feels like a bite on my toe, but doesnt look like a usual one. It might be paranoia, might not. Ill probably just see if i can find any hiding.

4. F. Pazos

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 18:16:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I would recommend either Chinchex or Cimexa, both of them amorphous silica and extremely effective

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081