Moved into new apartment Found 1 random bed bug is it possible to only have one

(5 posts)
  1. JessieLeigh

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Nov 5 2016 7:13:44
    #

Login to Send PM

So my bf and I just moved into a new apartment Tuesday our super had replaced the carpets etc before we moved in. Its now saturday still havent fully unpacked and i have several bites on my arms legs etc only about 5-7 bites this morning i thought maybe bedbugs pull off the comforter we have been using as sheet (since i cant find where i packed them) search everywhere on the mattress it's only a yr old and found a bug that resembles a male bedbug on my side of the bed...my boyfriend doesn't have any marks on him at all started checking elsewere and havent seen any others and no signs is it possible to just have a single male ...we haven't bought any new furniture and never had any bites in our old apartment ...even though the carpet was changed could the previous tenant have bedbugs and stayed in the apartment when she left ?

2. misery

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Nov 5 2016 8:26:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Every time I have had bedbugs, it has been directly after moving into a new apartment. Absolutely possible.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  3. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Nov 5 2016 8:29:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. I am not an expert but 5-7 bites would be the result of more than one bedbug. You need to get a PCO in to check for other ones. Keep the bedbug you found in a bag to show the PCO.
    Your boyfriend may not react to the bites.

4. Frauleinash

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Nov 5 2016 14:35:17
    #

Login to Send PM

What she said ^ Frightened knows her stuff, lol. I was going to say all of the above!

5. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Nov 5 2016 17:31:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Post a picture of the bug. It would be wise to ask the landlord if the unit had a preexisting problem or how long the unit sat vacant. On the other hand, I'm encountering more and more situations where people get bedbugs during the moving process. Did you rent a u haul or use a moving van?

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19