Moved and worried

(4 posts)
  1. BuggeredOff

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed May 30 2018 12:10:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I am typing this as I take a break from doing my final clean up before my walkthrough at this bug haven apartment complex.

Moved in August 2016It all started around December 2016/January 2017. Adjoining neighbors had moved out and their bugs moved in. Infestation started on my couch(brand new, still wrapped in plastic). Living room shares an adjoining wall. Then of course moved to my bedroom. I had no idea for a few months what I was even dealing with. I had become pregnant and was seriously eaten up. Welts. Hives. Rash. That would then turn into an oozing mess. Doctor at first wrote it off as just pregnancy changing my allergies. My husband is luckily (for him) a non reactor.

Reported to complex. They claimed no bed bugs. Haha. Sent their maintenance in to drill holes in all adjoining walls and puff in powder. Of course this fails. This was all they did! We self treat as much as we can for this past year. Lots of cleaning and vacuuming and pesticides.

We thankfully moved. Taking as much precautions as possible. Thankfully after just finishing with all our clothes and bedding. Not a single bug or shed skin found in the dryer. Couch has been burned! That was fun:)

As I am cleaning now. It is extremely obvious these little asshole seen in the walls. Fecal matter all along baseboards and outlets.

What's worse is they moved neighbors on from another building because they had the bugs in their apartment in a separate building. Whole place is infested and they do nothing!

I've taken pictures and videos. When I'm finished with my clean-up. These will be shown to the property manager. All I can do is hope they finally do something. I will also let it be known that I do expect my full deposit back.

2. BuggeredOff

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 8:50:26
    #

Login to Send PM

This is one pic. Corner of living room behind couch. This and others were shown to property manager that day. After being told when originally reported and that day that they don't have a bed bug issue. Yeah. Right. You can see in other photos where holes had previously been drilled for de to be put in the walls. In the closet, they didn't even bother to.caulk the holes.

He asked what I wanted. I told him, just my full deposit back so that I could purchase another couch. He agreed and said it was the least they could do. This couch was purchased brand new after moving into the apartment. Looking back, maybe I should have asked for full deposit plus cost of the couch. Oh well. I'm grateful to be out and haven't received a single bite since that day.

3. MuddaFrigginBedBugs

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 14:02:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I too, have been dealing with a very similar experience. I think my infestation may have been lighter, but I have never dealt with something like this and it has left me with some serious PTSD and OCD. We were advised against fumigating which is what our PCO wanted to do, and believed they had originated from the apartment below us so it would have been pointless to do so anyway. We opted to move and throw away all of our furniture even though most of it was clean and not infested at all. We left with nothing but clothes and stuffed animals, all which were thrown in dryers on high heat for 40 minutes, out electronics, and the kids toys, all of which were either sprayed (electronics, without ruining them) or had DE on them, or both (kids toys, etc). Still, I am obsessed with the idea that we somehow have brought them here to our current residence and have lost sleep every night. I wake up with panic attacks and nightmares of these things. I’m afraid that in a few months I’ll be dealing with this all over again. I’ve posted on here few times about my situation but it seems to just get buried by Bug ID threads all the time.

4. BuggeredOff

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 15:38:34
    #

Login to Send PM

MuddaFrigginBedBugs - 1 hour ago  » </ I wake up with panic attacks and nightmares of these things. I’m afraid that in a few months I’ll be dealing with this all over again. I’ve posted on here few times about my situation but it seems to just get buried by Bug ID threads all the time.

I recently made another post about my situation also. We have moved now. 2 weeks in and have not seen a single bug. I disassembled and treated every piece of furniture we brought in. I used Cimexa throughout the new place before even bringing anything in. I share your fears. They leave us with these horrible thoughts that we will never be free of them and will always have to fight and be vigilant. I slept in my bed for the first time last night. With no bites. No sign of a bug. After two weeks of no one in the bed, I figure they would have eaten me alive if there were still any left. So far, so good. Try to relax and enjoy the new place. That's what I'm trying to do. But of course we should always be aware.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,537 posts in 46,600 topics over 142 months by 20,554 of 21,420 members. Latest: TRAY, tjg, jm1985