Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Mould (mold spores) causing symptoms?

(12 posts)
  1. Notustoo

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 13:19:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Right guys, I'm not sure whether what I'm about to say is logical or absolute nonsense but here goes...

I've been posting for the last few days about bites I've been experiencing for the last month or so. Following conversations in here I've ordered a passive monitor to check for the presence of BBs.

Anyway at the same as this has been happening I've been experiencing extreme itching (thought it was psychosomatic) and both my husband, myself and our daughter have had irritated throats and my daughter has had red inflamed eyes. We thought it was just a virus or something.

Last week we found out that a couple of our radiators (including the one in the bedroom) has been leaking. We also have a house that suffers from mildew and we recently found significant mould on the back of a wicker basket (for no apparent reason). This has led (with the aid of google) to a seeming revelation ... Could it all be caused by mould (mold) spores???

Am I mad or is this a possibility? Have any of you experts experienced people having 'bites' which have turned out to be an allergic reaction to spores?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 13:43:17
    #

Login to Send PM

HI,

Yes its a possibility. I have seen it before and often in homes that repeatedly post pictures of pscocids which often indicate a high mold / spore level.

Its possibly time to focus on remediation of any mold and monitoring the symptoms.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 13:48:31
    #

Login to Send PM

We also had a poster recently who complained of "bites" and posted pictures of a bug that turned out to be a mold mite.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  4. Notustoo

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 13:49:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much David. Up until now, nothing has really made sense but suddenly everything seems to fit.

We will look into the mold but also set up the monitors just in case.

5. Notustoo

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 13:50:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Ooh thanks robinsmom. I'll see if I can find it.

6. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 13:55:04
    #

Login to Send PM

robinsmom -  » 
    We also had a poster recently who complained of "bites" and posted pictures of a bug that turned out to be a mold mite.

This "mite" (hahaha) be the one robinsmom was referring to???

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/so-i-found-a-bug-could-this-be-my-problem

7. Notustoo

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 14:28:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Absolutely Freaking. I havent seen anything which I can categorically say are mites but I have seen some very mysterious white flaky bits. Tried to photograph them but they just look like blobs. Dont know if theyre similar to the ones you saw or if they're related to the mold.

Hope your situation is now sorted.

8. Notustoo

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 14:40:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh I just got the joke!!! duh! ha ha

9. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 15:55:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Notustoo -  » 
    Dont know if theyre similar to the ones you saw or if they're related to the mold.
    Hope your situation is now sorted.

Hi Notustoo, it wasn’t me, I just remembered the thread.

Notustoo -  » 
    Oh I just got the joke!!! duh! ha ha

Lol!

10. Notustoo

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Feb 4 2015 4:25:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Ha ha! Wow I'm really not with it at the moment. Thanks for your help!

11. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Feb 4 2015 22:37:05
    #

Login to Send PM

If you believe you have a mold issue this is not the place to find resolution for a number of reasons. I suggest you contact an agency, university or recognized mold remediation person. Good luck.
    Mold mites usually refer to mold on stored food products as in tyroglyphid mites and includes one of my favorites cheese skippers, good name for a cracker.

12. Notustoo

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 5 2015 4:12:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Winston. No I know these guys arent the people to sort my mold issue (if it is that). I was just sanity checking really. Im sure the experts have seen LOTS of 'bed bug' problems that have turned out to be something completely different

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,413 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams