More than a year with bedbugs.

(11 posts)
  1. La087

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 23:44:24
    #

Login to Send PM

So we moved in this apartment in nov of 2016. In may of 2017 the bites started to show. The bldg management did a chemical treatment that didnt work. We just tried to treat it ourself. I know now that it wasnt a good idea. Its goin on and off some months are worst that others. This last yr in december the bldg did another chemical treatment. That didnt work again. It was so frustating to talk to the management as they try to blame us for having bedbugs. Like we're the only unit who has it. But asking around some units are infested too. We had a k9 inspection in january 15. And they scheduled us for a heat testaments on feb 2. Today is only the 3rd day (feb5) after heat treatment. And since i got home on the day the treatment was done I have seen 6 adults and 1 nymph. And my daugther has bites in the forhead this morning. Is this normal? Do they do follow up heat treatment. Im thinking of getting an exterminator but worried about the cost. That's the main reason why we did'nt the first time we knew we hav. Bb. We live in a 1 bedroom unit. Honestly It's driving me mad. My daugthers school been body checking her everytime she comes to school with a bite. I know they are just doing precaution but I cant help but to feel sad for my daugther. What can I do? Will it cost me a lot if I get a professional?

I hope i made sense at explaining.
    Thanks in advance!

2. jacksonsi

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 23:52:49
    #

Login to Send PM

When the heat treatment was done, did they use a residual ? Also, were the surrounding apartments done ?

3. La087

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 23:57:29
    #

Login to Send PM

They did ours on friday feb 2. Im not sure about the others but on feb 1 they did a heat treatment in our floor 3 units away from us.

4. La087

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 23:58:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Im not sure if they used a residual. How can you tell if they did?

5. F. Pazos

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 0:05:08
    #

Login to Send PM

you should ask them if they used a residual.... the heat treatment is extremely effective if done properly and a residual is applied... It does happen sometimes that a couple of bugs escape the heat itself (not usual in our case, but may happen) and we do always set up at least one follow up visit regardless of activity found or not, but that is just the way we work. Again, check with your PCO if they used a residual, about guarantee and the approach they will use now that activity is happening... I'm sure you are in good hands

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  6. jacksonsi

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 0:06:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I would assume they would have told you. They could of used a dust, which you may see. Or they could of used a spray. Definitely ask them.

7. La087

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 0:14:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll ask them in the morning. Thank you guys so much!

8. jacksonsi

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 0:19:04
    #

Login to Send PM

They should of done a heat treatment to the apartments connected to you also. Above, below and side to side. The bugs can run from the heat and go into the other apartments 😟

9. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 11:38:25
    #

Login to Send PM

jacksonsi - 11 hours ago  » 
    They should of done a heat treatment to the apartments connected to you also. Above, below and side to side. The bugs can run from the heat and go into the other apartments 😟

That's just not true. If done properly you can eliminate a bed bug infestation with heat and not expose the neighboring units.

10. jacksonsi

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 23:22:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Big Dummy. I was under the impression they will run from heat ? And that they travel through the walls ? Please explain to me how they won't . I am considering having my house heat treated, and when one PCO told me they only heat the rooms that the bugs are in, I didn't think that sounded right.

11. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Wed Feb 7 2018 10:22:20
    #

Login to Send PM

You would need to heat the whole dwelling. Anyone who's heating single rooms isn't going to get the job done.
    Convective heat is the norm, radiant heat can repel.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,529 posts in 46,819 topics over 143 months by 20,657 of 21,553 members. Latest: eatenaliveindtla, Sionainn, ykngrggpus