Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

More K9 and climbip question, please help!

(7 posts)
  1. staypositive

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 20 2014 18:21:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear All,

A PCO bring the K9 to my house for inspection today. The result is no bed bugs. and also I didn't find any physical evidence yet. BUT, I still get mysterious bites. I don't have any furniture except the mattress and the metal bed frame. I checked all the carpet really carefully and found nothing. I'm sure that I don't have carpet beetle. It was just really weird.

Question 1.Can I trust the K9 result? Or there were only one or two bed bugs there thus he cannot find out?

My plan:

I will take off climb-ups, and use a passive monitor instead. If there is no evident in following days, I will go buy some new furniture for my new home. It that a good idea? I'm just afraid if the bed bug (if we have) crawl into the metal tube of the metal bed frame, it will really hard to get them out.
    Question 2:thus whether taking off climb-ups is a good idea or not?

Please help!

Thank you!

2. btaggart

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 20 2014 19:06:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I would stick with the interception devices. They have a good track record. I would also get a PCO to do a visual inspection for bed bugs or any other issue that maybe causing this issue.

sorry for quick response as I am on my phone.

3. staypositive

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 20 2014 23:09:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much btaggart!

There were total 3 PCOs came to my house to inspection. Since this is a new house, and I don't have any furniture yet, PCOs didn't thoroughly inspected my house! They just looked around for 1 minute and said "you don't have bed bugs". But I inspect my room thoroughly, and cannot find anything.

Mr. Bello said that:

a) You are not looking in the correct places.
    b) You do not know what you're looking for or how to properly look.
    c) You do not have any biting pests present.

Can I know where should I inspect in a single family house? I only use my bedroom and kitchen, I don't have any furniture even a chair. I check my new bed frame, mattress, linens, and the connection between the carpet and the baseboard. Found nothing. What else should I do? I cannot find anything but got bites。

4. staypositive

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Feb 21 2014 14:59:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Please help dear all! David, paul, killer, lou, please help.....

Thank you so much!!!

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Feb 21 2014 15:11:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

To specifically answer the K9 question, a negative alert and therefore no need for visual confirmation has in my mind always been a great opportunity for the handler to show the dogs skills by using a training hide to demonstrate their skills and accuracy.

It is only when that confirming or QC step is missed do people have doubts.

I think it would also help in K9 standards were a little clearer and to an independent standard as standards tend to be when they are of value.

I have too much of a vested interest to comment on the rest beyond I have suggested things in the past and to repeat myself should not be necessary.

You have no confirming signs to date and thus are unlikely to have bedbugs. I have confidence and data to support what I have said about methods to confirm in 7 - 14 days and then you can focus on getting life back to normal.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  6. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Feb 21 2014 17:18:52
    #

Login to Send PM

No hit from the dog is a good thing.

Use the climb ups to continue to monitor for your peace of mind. It's the best option in your case. As more time passes you'll feel better but I'm banking on this already being nothing.

Good luck!!!

Regards,
    John Furman
    Boot A Pest, Inc.
    New York's "Best Bed Bug Exterminator" NY Magazine

7. staypositive

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Feb 22 2014 1:20:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much John and Daivd!!! Really appreciated!

God Bless!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45