Months of not knowing (Photos)

(3 posts)
  1. TRH

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jun 12 2019 10:46:12
    #

Login to Send PM

So around the end of March, I started to develop these large red dry itchy rashes on my neck, chest and back. I have a history of eczema and dry skin, so it just looked like a weird flare up. I’ve now been to a couple dermatologists, allergists, etc—-no one knows what’s going on. Been through rounds of so many creams. Even got a skin biopsy, which just confirmed that there was an allergic reaction to something. Everyone’s like —-it doesn’t look like bugs. Have spent so much money on doctors ugh.

It’s now June and I’m starting to notice blood on my pillow when I wake up and I can’t figure out where I could be bleeding from. I have a pimple on my neck that sometimes bleeds, but it’s not been bleeding lately. Meanwhile the rashes have calmed down with wearing a long shelve shirt to bed, but my neck is still getting them. So I have an inspector come in with a dog, and both the inspector and dog find nothing. I mean besides the pillow, the bed is white and clean.

I know that nothing is definitive until I find a bug or skin casings, but I just can’t shake that everyone is wrong and I do have them. My mattesss, box spring and pillows are encased, bed legs are on those plastic plate detectors, clothes in plastic bags. I’m panicking constantly and waking up like at 5 or 6 with barely any sleep. I’m checking everything and I just...don’t know what to do. Can someone give me suggestions? Roommates think I’m crazy and landlord won’t do anything without proof.

https://flickr.com/photos/155666013@N05/sets/72157709050882526

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jun 12 2019 11:33:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I‘m not even convinced that the redness are bites.

3. TRH

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jun 12 2019 14:05:01
    #

Login to Send PM

It just has been so odd and in combination with recent blood on my pillows, I’ve been jumping to this conclusion, mainly because I know people react differently, and it’s been itchy with occasional hives too, and most reactions are after I wake up, but yeah... I might be panicking over something else. So hard when you don’t know what’s happening and no one can give you an answer.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,918 posts in 50,062 topics over 155 months by 21,886 of 22,374 members. Latest: kslone1006, Hex999, Gauned