Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Months of Mysterious Bites, Need help

(5 posts)
  1. Dcjohnson

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Feb 28 2018 18:09:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello
    I apologize for the length of this but its been a long road. It all started before Thanksgiving (about 3 months ago) my daughter had slept on our couch and I notice three large bites in a line near her underwear line, one on her chest and one on her arm. I took her to her pediatrician who said def. did not look like bed bug bites (btw we haven't stayed in a hotel since Aug and really very rarely have guests). I didn't trust the pediatrician so I took her to a dermatologist who also said not bed bugs. My husband then got a few mostly in 1's but once in a group of three up his leg. So then I call a pest control company who did a visual inspection and found nothing, said spiders. The bites continued maybe once a week when my husband slept on couch. Look like large welts (almost like mosquito bites, but its winter so there are none of those) . He went to the dermatologist who said she didn't see a "bite mark"in the welt. I called the pest company who found nothing. I then call a canine inspections ($370) later . The dog smelled nothing. Christmas came and my in laws stayed with us and my mother in law who was staying in our guest room woke with welts/bites on her leg. I called a different company who came and again found nothing!! I put the mattresses in bag like coverings. Beginning of Jan(Jan my husband got one on his arm, he went back to the derm. who did a biopsy of the bite after to weeks she called back and said it was a bite of an arthropod and not and allergic reaction. So after much money, frustration, feeling crazy we threw our couches out and have been living without couches but haven't had a mark until today (almost two months) he woke up after being in the guest bed with one on his arm. Looks the same a big, slightly raised welt/bite. I am at a loss. No company will help us because they don't see evidence but we are now living without furniture, spent hundreds of dollars, anxiety. They keep saying spiders but there is no evidence of spiders. does this sound like BB's. Any thoughts? advice ? thank you

2. Dcjohnson

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Feb 28 2018 20:12:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the bites are usually about the size of a quarter. Slightly raised, no visible spot where skin was bitten into. It doesn't vary in color, just a dark pink and has no risen center "head". If we had bed bugs in the guest bed which my husband sleeps in about 70 percent of the time, would he be bite free for almost two months and then only have one bite? We have had three visual inspections and 1 canine inspection since Mid November with no evidence found. Again any thoughts , opinions, ideas would be much appreciated.

3. buckfedfugs

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Mar 1 2018 0:12:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Some are very allergic and can have large welts. Three in a row is either bed bugs or fleas, nothing else. On the underwear line is telltail, they dont really squirm past the elastic. Dogs cant always smell just a few bugs, especially if cleaners have been used. Ive seen dogs give afree pass to a home and then found bed bugs a couple weeks later. Stay vigilant. Do more research. Food grade diatomaceous earth. Bed bug traps too.

Work in a group home, have delt with these nightmares for years.
  4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Mar 1 2018 14:00:46
    #

Login to Send PM

That's some crap advice.

It doesn't sound like bed bugs to me. Given the length of time there would be evidence with even a basic search.
    The three in a row myth is just that, bed bugs can't count. Dogs can smell just a few bed bugs, they can sniff out lone bugs. No idea about that underwear line, more bs.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Mar 1 2018 22:55:16
    #

Login to Send PM

buckfedfugs - 22 hours ago  » 
    Three in a row is either bed bugs or fleas, nothing else. On the underwear line is telltail, they dont really squirm past the elastic.

Neither of these is factual.

Dogs cant always smell just a few bugs, especially if cleaners have been used.

Not really factual either.

Some dog teams are well-trained and effective, some aren’t.

Those which are can detect low-level issues.

I understand you want to help, but please read more and stop making authoritative sounding statements, since so many of them have been pointed out by others to be incorrect.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

289,775 posts in 48,424 topics over 150 months by 21,317 of 21,693 members. Latest: Dingo50, annastl, jeezlouise