Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

MONTHS and MONTHS of no signs, just bites like this

(9 posts)
  1. BuggedbyNight

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue May 24 2016 19:44:09
    #

Login to Send PM

As link says. Just a quick story. Found bedbugs back near November. After confirming it with exterminators. We had five treatments done in total. I stopped seeing any signs by the third but kept getting bit, so I had two more done even though exterminators said they didn't find anything last two visits.

Haven't been at work in three weeks, just home or out briefly. I have interceptors, recently sprayed bedlam and 221L according to instructions. Also steam and vacuum my room frequently. Yet I still wake up to welts like this. http://imgur.com/VNxemER

Now I know someone is gonna say, we can't say if it's a bedbug or not from welts. Or, if there's no other proof than bites then it's not begbugs. But that would all make sense, if I never knew I had them in the first place.

What the heck can I do?

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed May 25 2016 2:13:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you stay somewhere else for a week or so just to see if you stop getting bitten? At the worst you would have had a break at the best. If you still have bites welts whilst away then you would know it is something else. Of course you would have to be careful not to take anything infested with you.

3. BuggedbyNight

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed May 25 2016 8:27:19
    #

Login to Send PM

frightened - 6 hours ago  » 
    Can you stay somewhere else for a week or so just to see if you stop getting bitten? At the worst you would have had a break at the best. If you still have bites welts whilst away then you would know it is something else. Of course you would have to be careful not to take anything infested with you.

Right now that wouldn't be possible. My mother just fractured her arm so I have to be around to help her. I get what you're saying though.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed May 25 2016 14:16:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Some questions which may help:

When was the last of five treatments and how far apart were they spaced?

Could you tell us what visual evidence was used to determine you had them in November? Did they show you bed bugs or fecal stains, cast skins or eggs? (What, how many, where?)

What visual evidence was seen after the initial treatment? (What, how many, where?)

Do you know what bed bug fecal stains look like? When was the last time a new one appeared?

Do you have attached neighbors?

Do you have any recent history of birds or bats nesting in or on the building?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. BuggedbyNight

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed May 25 2016 17:15:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 2 hours ago  » 
    Some questions which may help:
    When was the last of five treatments and how far apart were they spaced?
    Could you tell us what visual evidence was used to determine you had them in November? Did they show you bed bugs or fecal stains, cast skins or eggs? (What, how many, where?)
    What visual evidence was seen after the initial treatment? (What, how many, where?)
    Do you know what bed bug fecal stains look like? When was the last time a new one appeared?
    Do you have attached neighbors?
    Do you have any recent history of birds or bats nesting in or on the building?

1. Last one was in March, first three were about 2 weeks apart. Last two maybe about a month apart since I had to harass landlord to send again.
    2. Multiple bedbugs in various stages of life. Pretty much all signs to bedbugs you could have. Eggs, actual bugs, stains and such. They told me it was a light infestation.
    3. I do know what they look like, I haven't found any new stains since second or third treatment.
    4. Yes I live in an apartment building and was told no one else has reported the issue. I know the exterminators said they were going to tell the landlord to check the other apartments as well.
    5. They took down the trees from in front of my building over a year ago, so no to both.

Thanks for helping me try to figure this out.

6. BuggedbyNight

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri May 27 2016 9:10:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Bump - Are any pros on this site located in nyc? Also, could a reaction to the residue sprays sprayed in my room cause hive like welts?

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri May 27 2016 10:16:05
    #

Login to Send PM

BuggedbyNight - 1 hour ago  » 
    Bump - Are any pros on this site located in nyc? Also, could a reaction to the residue sprays sprayed in my room cause hive like welts?

It's possible pesticides can cause reactions.

You may be getting bed bugs from attached neighbors. I'd have another chat with the landlord. Although they often resist paying for inspections, if they want to solve the problem, it's necessary.

KillerQueen is a top notch NY pro. Search the forums for his profile for a link to his info.

8. BuggedbyNight

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri May 27 2016 11:04:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 47 minutes ago  » 

BuggedbyNight - 1 hour ago  » 

It's possible pesticides can cause reactions.
    You may be getting bed bugs from attached neighbors. I'd have another chat with the landlord. Although they often resist paying for inspections, if they want to solve the problem, it's necessary.
    KillerQueen is a top notch NY pro. Search the forums for his profile for a link to his info.

Could be, but the way I sprayed bedframe and around the whole room. They should've came in contact and I should see dead bedbugs on the floor. Doesn't really make sense.

9. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jan 18 2017 3:25:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I know exactly how you feel bugged by night I went through a similar situation in July 2015 my bed, couch, recliner was infested never forget my first reaction when I looked at the bottom of my box springs and saw live bb and blood all over it have ocd really bad so was a nightmare aw after pco confirmed bb had either 6 or 7 treatments from July of 2015-November 2015 last few treatments in old apartment kept getting clear nothing in there by different pco with arrow October 2015-April2016 had burned a couch, recliner, box springs only piece of furniture had left was a encased mattress too sit and sleep on for 6 months in those months only found two both dead no signgs of blood or feces nowhere was gone for about a month during March 2016 and first week still itched day and night but no new bites as I could tell and the itching eased up as soon as I got home itching and the marks started in again moved in April2016 only took electronics and clothing which had been cleaned and checked all new furniture for the last 9 months what appears too be bite marks only this time no sign of a actual bb nowhere or fecal other than what looks like bite marks and blood a few times in sheets have searched every spot of this apt over dozen times as well as every piece of furniture had a pco come once spray and no signs of anything from him either idk but these apartment managers can be rough when dealing with I have been told by people my gf family you don't have bb or you would find one you clean freak lol all I know is something is tearing me up waking up too these bumps and welts face shoulders upper back just wish in almost 10 months could find one if that's what it is so I know exactly how you feel with what you have been through been there my self it's rough hope you find out the problem soon!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,826 posts in 49,816 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316