Monitors available to the public?

(14 posts)
  1. almostdying

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Feb 8 2009 20:02:45
    #

Login to Send PM

From what I recall from a recent post...the CDC should be available now. Has anyone purchased it and used it in their homes? I want to buy one..but would like to see if there are any recent reviews. Thanks!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Feb 8 2009 20:11:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Not quite yet, almostdying.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Feb 8 2009 20:50:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone noticed they are not showing any monitors at the bedbugshop (the place in Canada taking preorders?) I went to there site today to see if the CDC would still be in stock tomorrow as they had shown (I know, I'm overly optimistic, but it doesn't hurt to check) and now there is no CDC 3000 or no Nightwatch at all on the site. I hoping they are just updating their site. Anyone know anything?

4. almostdying

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Feb 8 2009 22:00:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I actually found that they are selling it on the manufacturer's website...

5. thebedbugresource

old timer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Feb 8 2009 23:36:22
    #

Login to Send PM

The Bed Bug Shop does not have any listed at the moment because they are out of stock and there is no word on when the next batch will be in.

They had a limited number of units available and took deposits for those units. They do not have any more available for the initial launches.

6. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Feb 9 2009 10:12:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you clarify this a bit further please, I'm curious as I put deposit down on CDC the first day it was listed on the bedbug shop as taking deposits on there website. I was never notified they got any in and I put my deposit in the first day they took them for CDC. I also have a deposit on the Nightwatch and have had that for prior to the CDC ever being listed. Did they give the Nightwatch folks perhaps who had been on earlier first chance at the CDC?

I wish they would explain things on their site...I've had deposits since early Oct on Nightwatch and early Nov on CDC and yet I was not notified about any. I assumed they would contact those who had deposits.

I do think they should at least tell us something, those of us with deposits who didn't get anything or did not hear anything.

thebedbugresource - 10 hours ago  » 
    The Bed Bug Shop does not have any listed at the moment because they are out of stock and there is no word on when the next batch will be in.
    They had a limited number of units available and took deposits for those units. They do not have any more available for the initial launches.

7. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Feb 9 2009 11:16:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Bitten. Try to contact the Bed Bug Shop directly at info@bedbugshop.ca in an email. Whenever I had questions they were always pretty quick to respond. They should be able to answer whatever questions you have.

8. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Feb 9 2009 11:27:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Paula, I did write them this morning after I saw Sean's posting. I have not heard back yet but I do hope to hear from them soon. I quess the main part I do not understand is that they took deposits for x amount of CDC, so maybe they did not receive the full amount they were hoping for? It just seems odd since I put a deposit down the first day and for months it stayed up they were still taking deposits that I should have been high enough on the list to at least be contacted. I did login to the site yesterday and it does show both my deposits (one fot he Nightwatch in early Oct and one for the CDC in early Nov) I am looking forward to their email.
    Did anyone get one?

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Feb 9 2009 12:55:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I am still waiting so you are not alone.

Shame really as good products miss many column inches this way.

David

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  10. madNalberta

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Feb 9 2009 14:54:11
    #

Login to Send PM

For the Canadians (western canada), i spoke to the dude on the phone this morning (this bedbug monitor dude in BC). He says he has no clue when the CDC3000 is coming in. He said as well, he recommends the CDC3000 over the nightwatch as the CDC3000 monitors are made by hand and each one is tested before it leaves the manufacturers while the Nightwatch is mass produced and not tested(he said) If i had a spare 900 (which is what i was quoted) id buy it as soon as it came in. That guy also told me that Canada is only allowed to have 2250 of them as they are being supplied to the US as well. *madNalberta wishes upon a star*

11. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Feb 9 2009 16:27:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I think both of these pieces of equipment are far too expensive for me to invest money in until I see some proof that they will work in a non-lab environment. The money I would spend on them is not a tax deduction or business expense for me.

12. thebedbugresource

old timer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 10 2009 0:18:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello All,

Some clarification:

The Bed Bug Shop is no longer taking deposits or orders for either monitor as they have sold out of all the units that they pre-ordered. This does NOT mean that the units have arrived, it means that when they do they are all spoken for. If you have a deposit you will receive a unit. Those that did not leave a deposit will have to wait until the next batch is available.

From what I understand the CDC units should be arriving tomorrow or Wednesday.

MadNAlberta: I would be very interested to know who you spoke to as I am the only person in Canada to have tested the CDC units. You are misinformed about where the monitors will be sent or how many. I am in regular contact with the manufacturer and The Bed Bug Shop.

Parakeets:
    I have been field testing these units for the past five months. I assure you that they work. And I am not the only entomologist or pest professional that has been field testing them.

Sean.

13. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 10 2009 9:03:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Sean, I appreciate your updating us. You have always updated us, that has been nice and you are appreciated.
    Paula, you were right, I did email them and they emailed me back last night explaining things. Thanks for posting the email addy.
    I am hopeful to get one, I am excited! There is no bed bug dog in Texas and the thought of something that could help with early detection is good for me. I follow David UK protocol of thoroughly inspecting all bedrooms once a month and I will continue that protocol but I will also put a monitor out now and then just to make sure all is well. If canine dogs were in my area, maybe I wouldn't buy a monitor, but there are no dogs, and to me, this is a great option to have something so sensitive at early detection that I can use.

14. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 10 2009 11:15:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Sean, and I appreciate your testing them! Would love to hear more about the results you are getting. Which one would you recommend?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19