Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Monitoring Recommendations?

(5 posts)
  1. kannon_bosatsu

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Oct 1 2010 22:24:31
    #

Login to Send PM

It's been almost a week since our 2nd treatment and I'm still getting teeny tiny bites on my ankles. I suspect that these might be flea bites since we caught two fleas prior to getting the 2nd treatment. The bites are not itching like my previous bed bug bites used to. We treated the dog and cats mid-week but we still need to wait some time for the fleas to die off.

I'm thinking of getting climb-ups for the bed and plan to reapply DE every week after doing a major clean / inspect routine. I will also spray Bedlam in the cracks we have around our bed. I currently inspect the bed surface every night, change the sheets 2 - 3 times a week and lift and inspect the mattress and frame when we change the sheets. Pillow cases get changed out at the same time too.

We are still living out of bags and our Pactite shipped so we will be using that to sterilize a lot of the kids' stuff, papers, stuff we packed up in bags for future treatment (like my yarn) etc. So far we've seen no bugs but I'm nervous. I feel that they are hiding, lurking in wait, ready to attack. Seriously though, I want to beat these effers and get my life back.

What more can I be doing? What would you recommend?

L in Brooklyn

2. kannon_bosatsu

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Oct 2 2010 18:35:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Bump. Any advice?

3. scaredsilly

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Oct 2 2010 21:39:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I was waiting to see if others had any advice, but it seems like you are doing all the "right" stuff. I think putting in the climbups now might be a good indicator for you as to what is biting. It would be good to know if you are getting bitten from hatching babies or if it really is fleas. Sounds like you are doing all you can. I hope this is over for you soon.

4. 123bugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Oct 2 2010 23:09:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi -
    Maybe would help you feel better if you put some of those passive monitors in a few spots? The little cardboard harbourages? You could monitor those and maybe feel a bit more confident if nothing shows on them? (I have some on order but haven't tried them yet.....)

Hope you're all done with bedbugs, forever and ever and ever!

5. kannon_bosatsu

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Oct 2 2010 23:18:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks 123 and Scaredsilly...

I'm actually pretty sure the bites aren't fleas because I have two sets of 1-2-3 BLD in a triangle on the same ankle. But they're not itching or scarring like the other bites? Could it be because of nymph bites? UGH, I thought I had this figured out.

I was talking to my husband about passive monitors trying to convince him about them. He's put off by the cost but is slowly acceding that if it improves my peace of mind...

So I think I will be ordering that next week once I crunch the numbers. I needed to order him some easy slip on and off Rockport shoes ($$$) - I've made it a policy that shoes come off at the door to prevent spread of bugs that have been picked up in the hall or elevator - and we may be at over our Bed Bug budget for this pay period.

Sigh.

I've earmarked money from my next pay for an outside pro if this is still going on. I really want to start counting the number of days of being bite free real soon now.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,409 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams