Monitoring help needed from professional. Not sure what to do now

(7 posts)
  1. alexb

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jul 9 2019 12:20:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello! This is my second go around with BB, after having them 5 years ago, living in a different city, different job, etc. Fun times.

On June 21, I found one dead adult in my carpet in my bedroom and one alive (younger stage) on its back in my empty laundry basket in my bedroom. I kept the bugs in jars as evidence to show the PCO.

We had a company come out the next day for an inspection and they could not find any evidence anywhere else in the house (besides what I showed them-they confirmed BB). 3 days later they did a heat treatment in just the bedroom where I found the bugs and sprayed the house with Essentria IC3.

After doing some more research post treatment, I was not comfortable with their treatment plan and then hired a more well known company to do an inspection and treat. This was 6 days after the treatment from the first company. They also did not find anything and I showed them my samples of what I found, they too confirmed BB. They treated with Temprid FX as well as dusted areas with Cimexa. He is confident since he did not find any evidence, that the first round of spraying will do the job, but will be back in two weeks from the initial treatment for a follow up.

Is there more I should be doing? What monitors do you suggest? The stress of doing this for a second time is completely ruining me.

Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 11 2019 6:03:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you look in the useful tools section and FAq you will see mention of the Passive Monitors which I invented.

The idea is that they provide optimal harbourage locations for any remaining or reintroduced bedbugs. They literally move into the houses and leave droppings on the doorstep to let you know they are doing so.

Outside of that educating the occupant of the room about their role and personal responsibility with regards introduction of bedbugs and you should be in a position to deal with any future introductions by deep cleaning and replacing the monitors. There is a protocol called TbyPMR which is based on this.

There are other options which are discussed but this is one f the core tools which we use in our bedbug business which can be developing methods of detection and control since 2005.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. alexb

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 11 2019 9:35:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for your reply. I’m having trouble figuring out the best place to order them from in the US.
    Also, is it okay to stick them to mattress/box spring encasements?

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 11 2019 10:50:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you search for PackTite Passive Monitor that is the correct US one.

Installation examples are supplied on the website as its a little design dependent if you want the optimal results.

David

5. alexb

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 11 2019 11:36:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I am unable to find a seller for the packtite passive only bb alert, which I read on other forums is the older model? Usbedbugs appears to no longer be an active site.

Do you have an active link to the packtite passive?

Thank you!!

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 11 2019 14:31:04
    #

Login to Send PM

7. alexb

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 11 2019 17:48:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your help and time. I placed my order!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs