Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Monitoring

(4 posts)
  1. moenine9

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 7 2019 15:33:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a question regarding monitoring- the first night at the new house my son and I spent the night on my mattress on the floor In my room.. The second night we moved into to my sons room to sleep on his bed since it was built (our rooms are joined by a wall). After about 10-15 days we moved back into my room to sleep because my platform for the bed arrived. When it comes to monitoring- I know they say don’t switch sleeping locations because you can spread an infestation. At first I searched both my and my sons bed but as time has gone on I have focused mainly on monitoring my room. If there were bugs in my sons room and we started sleeping in my room- the bugs would travel and set up shop in my room correct? I just want to make sure that although we slept in both rooms- I only should focus my energy on the room we spend the most of our time sleeping. I mean they wouldn’t travel from his room, eat and then go back to his room to hide correct? Thanks.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 7 2019 16:16:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No, unlike bat bugs the habit of bedbugs is to be as close to food as possible and when they wander it’s to find food and a new home not to go and come back.

You focus your efforts on the occupied rooms as this is where any activity will be detectable first.

I would advise against attempting to analyse this aspect in a binary or maths logic, it’s biology and thus the predictability comes through large numbers not one case. We sometimes see this with white knight engineers who are going to design the problem away for us with their magical bed / frisbees / low lights / sticky traps, they get frustrated by virtue of the fact you need to observe before you can model and predict.

Stick to focusing on the room you sleep in.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. moenine9

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 8 2019 7:56:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you- I figured I should stick to my room and appreciate the confirmation of this approach. I have another question- I found this spot on a sock that was stuck in the sheet of the bed (assuming it got in there during laundry and didn’t realize it while placing sheets on bed). Normally this would have be concerned but in comparing it to other fecal photos- I have come to believe it’s nothing bedbug related. I would appreciate confirmation that I am right. The first photo is of the spot and the last couples ones after I tried to smear it. To me- the shape, consistency and smear seem wrong- it seemed to not smear as much- more just took off a little part of the spot. Thank you.

https://ibb.co/G97WxTK
    https://ibb.co/SJ2PxQ4
    https://ibb.co/618LVgK

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 8 2019 8:43:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

That is just dirt.

There is a reason there is no faecal on socks primer and the reality is that if you look for dirt you will find it, sadly you also feed that monster by doing so.

Please appreciate why I am out in terms of the game of "random spots" ID. Do something constructive with the time you will save on looking at everything.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82