Monitor life

(6 posts)
  1. BugsAtWork

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Apr 6 2018 2:38:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I stupidly missed that passive monitors have a shelf life. Mine have been on the sofa and bed for 2 years. They have never ever shown signs of BBs. I found a live BB on me tonight though. I ordered new monitors tonight as well, but can I *maybe* trust the old ones? I can't sleep from worry so am searching site.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Apr 6 2018 11:25:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Are they the passive monitors with cardboard sandwiched in the middle? They can still be used and trusted.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. BugsAtWork

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Apr 6 2018 11:49:32
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Are they the passive monitors with cardboard sandwiched in the middle? They can still be used and trusted.

Yes-they are the cardboard passive monitors. Both the one on the couch and the one on my bed are clear. That's good to hear-thank you!

4. BugsAtWork

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Apr 6 2018 17:38:20
    #

Login to Send PM

One more question as you and Loubugs have been so helpful-

IF what I saw last night crawling on me was a BB, shouldn't there be some sort of evidence in the monitors since they've been there for 2 years? I was away for the week, so unless I brought him in yesterday or he just wandered in, he must have been camped out somewhere. At least that what's makes sense in my overanxious head

Thank you again for all the feedback!

5. prosper23

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Apr 6 2018 21:25:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I was curious about the passive monitors being "expired" too. I tried using tape on the sticky side of mines but that didn't work so I currently have it between my mattress and box spring. Is that efficient?

And maybe I can just ask this little question here while on the subject of monitoring, i think i remember seeing someone mention that you can use the climbups next to the bed leg as oppose to under it (my bed legs are too wide for the climbups). true or no?

6. BugsAtWork

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Apr 7 2018 20:52:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I personally don't know. I ordered a new monitor to replace mine that is not sticky anymore. Seems like double sided tape would work, but id leave that up to someone who would know for sure.

Bumping this too for my question about seeing what I'm pretty sure was a BB (from seeing them at my job in the past) but not seeing anything in my monitors (old), not having bites and seeing no other evidence. My anxiety over this is making me ill.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,327 posts in 46,290 topics over 141 months by 20,404 of 21,244 members. Latest: Bedbughelp, Anxietykilledme, Jwag0327