Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Mom had bedbugs, should she go on vacation with us?

(5 posts)
  1. laurav

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 2 2018 14:58:21
    #

Login to Send PM

My mom had bedbugs and has had her house sprayed 3X, I am not sure if they are all gone but I am hoping. She is supposed to go on vacation with me and my boyfriend and stay at his parents house with us. What are the chances that the bedbugs could get into their house? I don’t want to be mean, but his family would be very upset if bedbugs came along with us! What should i do to prevent this ?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 2 2018 15:01:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Of course she should go with you. There are many posts on how not to bring bed bugs with you when traveling.

3. micachica

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 2 2018 17:22:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I’ve had bbs for a year. Now have been B.B. free for 4 weeks. I’ve gone many places and haven’t given anyone bed bugs. I ziploc bag everything I pack. And clothes go straight in the wash when I return. Always inspect the place/bed I’m staying in. It’s possible to still have a life and go places while dealing with these suckers. I get where you’re coming from though. I’d be beyond devastated if I were to transfer these bugs to anyone. Just check everything for bugs. It shouldn’t be too hard to ensure a bug free trip for everyone.

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 2 2018 19:59:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like Mom deserves a vacation

5. Bugsareicky

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jul 3 2018 13:07:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Just have her run everything she's bringing through the dryer on high heat and pack it air tight. large ziplocks are great for this. If she has a suitcase, steam it VERY well, or buy a new one and keep it at your place until it's time to leave. As long as she is careful, it's perfectly safe to still enjoy life. She can get rid of the ziplocks as soon as she has left the house to avoid freaking anyone out. lol

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,693 posts in 50,017 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur