Mineral Oil vs. Murphy's Oil Soap?

(3 posts)
  1. MartyJMK

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Apr 23 2009 9:12:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been using mineral oil to isolate my bed, but according to my PCO, I'm not using enough in the containers at the bed feet. I've wiped my hardware store out of it, and I can't find it at the neighboring drugstores. I did find Murphy's Oil Soap in greater quantities which I know has been recommended. Any thoughts on what will work better? Should I start all over with fresh containers if I use Murphy's?

2. hoo2677

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Apr 23 2009 9:18:44
    #

Login to Send PM

If the legs are surrounded by the oil/soap in bowls don't see how they could climb up anything. Too slippery. An aside, my first (and so fired) PCO after three treatments gasped when I said I was isolating my bed legs in bowls of oil. He actually said "no, don't." He didn't want to deal with that thinking he would be treating me again. How inconvenient! What a mess!

Yeah? Don't see him trying to sleep in my bed. Wait, that came out wrong, well you know. I mean "sleep" sleep. Well he won't be anywhere near my bed or house again.

It's the only place I feel assured is safe, my bed, no thanks to mr. I could treat your house in 15 minutes.

Portland, OR

(thanks Adele for the feedback earlier, I so appreciate it.)

3. MartyJMK

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Apr 23 2009 9:34:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Hoo! So it doesn't matter what kind of oil I use then? Yeah I know some PCOs don't like it to be used, but I'm just trying to get some sleep and still act as bait so the buggers will cross the chemicals that are down from my PCO.

Haha, exactly, I think the worst part of this whole thing is being bait for mini-vampires nightly!

Also, I was born in Portland and grew up in Vancouver! Hooray for the northwest! But sad to hear this is happening out there too....

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,742 posts in 49,538 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie