Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug news and events

Mike Siva-Jothy on bed bug sex, bat bugs, and more!

(8 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Dec 4 2012 1:08:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Check out the Breaking Bio podcast which hits on several topics of interest to us -- (links here). Very amusing and informative.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Dec 4 2012 7:49:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Just a note to say this really is worth spending the time to watch, its both informative and very amusing at times.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Dec 4 2012 11:50:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes. Interesting and amusing. Great entertainment.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Dec 4 2012 12:12:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I have written to offer a partnership to investigate the effect of merkins of various weave diameter on tarsal claw evolution in the species discussed extensively.

We will discuss by skype soon.

David

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Dec 4 2012 13:12:02
    #

Login to Send PM

You always send folks scrambling for their dictionaries, David.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Dec 4 2012 13:21:34
    #

Login to Send PM

LOL, an odd old English word re branded in the naughties as Smerkin which I would only suggest you google if you have the smelling salts handy as its a form of crystal skin wear.

David

7. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 7 2012 1:35:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Four Paws up... ROFL

Always something new here on the forum.

Really enjoyed the Podcast

8. bedbugsuptown

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 7 2012 3:01:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I watched this pod cast from start to finish & honestly, as an individual with no scientific background, I gave it my best shot. I learned more about the T. I. factor. Okay, as an outsider, I found the glass penis in the lab to be mildly amusing. But I was more interested in the glass blowing technique to make it work and was disappointed to find that I was clueless when Silva-Jothy waxed wide on electrodes rather than glass blowing. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I also learn something of problems scientists encounter when appealing for grants. Bug girl-- an off beat contributor, crackin' everyone up, most of all herself! Just a 1st. review from a non academic.

Lou, I haven't given up on making at least one bed bug mobile. Kind of soured on the whole test tube idea, way to heavy for an air blown model. But I found some kinda beetle in my bath tub, live. I put it on a lovely scrap of marbelized paper I'd made a while ago and covered it with a paint brush in an acrylic gloss medium and varnish. It's still perfectly preserved 6 mos. later.....contact you if I pick-up on mobile making.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls