Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Metro Pest Control - are they reliable?

(4 posts)
  1. itchygirl45

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jun 10 2011 11:22:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Any recent experiences, pro or con? I was having trouble finding recent comments. Also, would love to get some recommendations for competitors- trying to get best possible rate for someone to do this right. Thanks!

2. CurrentlyPrego

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Jun 11 2011 10:09:16
    #

Login to Send PM

MP was the first company that my landlord sent to look at my apartment. The guy was nice enough but even though we only had a problem in our bedroom was insistent that the whole apartment needed treatment, without any visual confirmation of bugs anywhere else. Then they quoted the landlord something too high for them to get hired (and my building contracts with them for other pests.)

In the end, Standard was selected. They were very thorough and explained to my landlord that adjacent apartments needed to be inspected as well. In the end, we found that our bugs were coming from the apartment below us, and they got treated as well. Standard was very communicative about what was going on and dealt with my crazy with little trouble.

The only thing I wish they did was do caulking and other sealing/preventative measures, but instead they tell you what to do.

Hope that helps.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Jun 11 2011 21:44:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Try threads tagged "metro pest":
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/tags/metro-pest

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. itchygirl45

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Jun 13 2011 16:10:39
    #

Login to Send PM

CurrentlyPrego - 2 days ago  » 
    MP was the first company that my landlord sent to look at my apartment. The guy was nice enough but even though we only had a problem in our bedroom was insistent that the whole apartment needed treatment, without any visual confirmation of bugs anywhere else. Then they quoted the landlord something too high for them to get hired (and my building contracts with them for other pests.)
    In the end, Standard was selected. They were very thorough and explained to my landlord that adjacent apartments needed to be inspected as well. In the end, we found that our bugs were coming from the apartment below us, and they got treated as well. Standard was very communicative about what was going on and dealt with my crazy with little trouble.
    The only thing I wish they did was do caulking and other sealing/preventative measures, but instead they tell you what to do.
    Hope that helps.

Yeah- they didn't bother to look around, just gave an insanely high quote- I knew this was going to be expensive, but I couldn't believe their rate- they were asking so much more than the other companies.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,805 posts in 50,043 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen