Metro Pest Control? Anyone use these guys

(10 posts)
  1. BrooklynBites

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Oct 31 2008 10:52:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone used Metro Pest Control? I am about to use them to kill these bugs in my Brooklyn apartment.

Also thinking about getting a new bed after they are gone. I can't handle the psychological trauma of bugs in my bed, dead OR alive. I am distraught over this! I have pics too

2. bugbattler

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Oct 31 2008 13:04:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Try typing "metropest" into the forums search box (bottom of page). I'm from Chicago, so I can't help you sorry

I feel the same about the bugs in the bed thing. I told my mother yesterday that even if I encased my mattress & knew they couldn't escape I would never being able to sleep again knowing what was going on mere inches from my body. blechk!

3. helpmeplease

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Oct 31 2008 13:19:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Call KillerQueen! He is located in NY and he is really really brilliant in his approach - you can PM him on this site! I talked to him yesterday and I really appreciated his calm and well-rounded approach. Just PM him - he'll get back to you quickly.
    GOOD LUCK!!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Oct 31 2008 14:06:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Click metro pest in the tags at top right to see discussions of same.
    NYC PCOs to see others reviewed also.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. BugBoy911

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jan 29 2009 1:09:47
    #

Login to Send PM

All I know is that every residential apartment building that I have almost ever serviced has an old Metro Pest Control sticker above the mailbox. Guess they lost tons of accounts from taking on to much they can chew, or a host of other reasons.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jan 29 2009 1:20:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, to be fair, an old sticker can mean the landlord stopped paying for treatments, or went with someone else. You can't necessarily blame the PCO for a building not using them anymore.

7. BugBoy911

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jan 29 2009 9:32:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Good point as landlords and reality companies are usually slow to pay or cannot afford the services agreed on. Yet if the company choosen is keeping a good relationship with the super and tenants of the building serviced most landlords don't wana go threw the process of hiring another company even if the price is slightly more. I find the biggest problem in dealing with large residential buildings is getting into the apartments to treat. Most tenants are sick and tired of the baseboards spray and leave type of deal for they find it doesn't work and most mix gentrol with suspend or what have to to treat which leaves a lingering smell which is not needed in most cases of maintance. Gentrol is more effective being used in enclosed areas such as compactors and under sinks. The first thing tenants say "We don't want the spray, the last guy used something really strong and we don't want plus it doesn't work and creates more roach's." This is true and with a flash light and gel I have ridded more apartments in the 5 boro's in 1-2 visits than companies have in years of service. This takes about 5-7 mins more for the service soooo I don't know if companies can afford to pay technicians to spend extra time to actually solve the problem when there are so many apartments and so little time.

8. BuggedBiologist

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jan 29 2009 10:55:34
    #

Login to Send PM

My management company uses Metro Pest. My building has a BB problem and Metro Pest comes on a case-by-case basis to treat affected apartments (that report BBs). They are a large company and have a BB-specific team. Some of my fellow tenants have had really positive experiences with Metro Pest. Others have not. I suppose that it depends on the particular technician. Since I was unsure and wanted to know that my apartment was going to be treated in the most stringent, yet safest way, I was more comfortable doing my own research and calling a PCO with whom I felt comfortable and in whose abilities I was confident. The management company was willing to reimburse me up to $500, which is what it would cost them to have a Metro Pest PCO come in. So, I cannot recommend Metro, but I can say I know individuals who would.

9. QueensBedbugs

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Sep 4 2009 3:56:02
    #

Login to Send PM

We're using them right now. I was bit pretty badly about a few days after we were treated the first time. Then I found a bug in my bed a few days after that but didn't see any since then. We were treated for the followup a few days ago and I feel like I was bit again. It could have also been a spider (which I just saw crawl across the wall in hopes that it'll eat some bedbugs) but three of the bites on my leg are in a perfectly straight line.

By the way, I found this site shortly after I discovered I had a problem and it seriously saved my life. It feels good that other people are suffering just as much, and that my 4am bedtime is not in vain.

10. QueensBedbugs

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Sep 4 2009 4:05:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, but to answer the question, they told us that we have to keep our stuff bagged for another 3 weeks in case we're bit again for another followup. I felt like the guys we had the first time were really thorough but this time I'm not as confident. I'm considering using DE from now on to get rid of them. Broadway Exterminating has a retail store so I might pick their brains a little to see what they think to get a second opinion.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,664 posts in 50,011 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me