Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

May have brought BBs from old apartment -- now what?

(2 posts)
  1. SoOverThis

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 31 2012 13:31:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Long story short: my boyfriend had bedbugs in two separate apartments. Or, at least, I *think* he did. I was the only one getting bitten, and we never managed to find any bugs, shed skins, fecal stains, or blood spots. I felt like I was crazy because he never had even one visible bite! Covering the mattress and box spring helped for a while but then the problem came back. When we moved in together about a month ago, we threw away the entire old bed set, carefully inspected the other furniture, and washed all our clothes and linens. Not as thorough as we could have been, but the bed was the only place I ever got bitten, so I naively believed that getting rid of the bed frame/mattress/sheets would do the trick. Things were fine for a few weeks but now I'm getting bitten again.

How should I proceed from here? We are ready to call a PCO to get to the bottom of this. Our landlord is a decent guy and I think he would try to help us out with it, but if we tell him WE most likely brought them in he may not be willing to do that. We've only been here for a month. I don't want to lie about it, and I do feel like it's sort of our responsibility. Would it be disingenuous to just say, "I think there's a bedbug problem, and we'd like you to send someone over?"

Thanks for your help and advice.

2. BuggedByBugsKY

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Sep 1 2012 8:01:13
    #

Login to Send PM

id lie my ass off if i had to... ive only been infested for a couple weeks and im already half crazy...id say/do almost ANYTHING including break the law to get rid of this... id tell him. LIKE RIGHT NOW.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714