Mattress Encasement Question

(3 posts)
  1. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 4 2012 8:46:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I purchased Safe Rest mattress encasements before I found this site. I can't find that particular brand mentioned here anywhere although Matress Safe is mentioned. I can't find anything that says they are the safe manufacturing company either. My question is, the directions say that you can wash and dry the encasement - and even suggest that you do - before putting it on the bed. Aren't mattress encasement mostly vinyl and plastic? I'm a little worried it will melt or damage the encasement. Did anyone wash and dry their encasement before putting it on the bed and is anyone familiar with the Safe Rest mattress encasement?

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 4 2012 19:55:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear freak,

I'm not familiar with the safe brand you referred to above.

I can tell you that the superior encasements are made of fabric and not plastic.

Generally, I recommend the Matress Safe brand for a variety of reasons.

(Note: I have a professional relationship with the manufacturers or Mattress Safe products.)

Hope this helps ! paul b.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 4 2012 21:49:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi-- you can't generalize about what material encasements are made from, because this varies. The packaging should tell you if it's safe to wash and/or dry them and if it is, then doing this before installation should be fine.

If you discarded the packaging already then you can Google the manufacturer and ask.

We have an encasements FAQ that discusses various brands and features as well as pros and cons.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula