Mattress cover too big? 2 covers??

(5 posts)
  1. fmlimscared

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 23:45:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I’ve been getting more paranoid about the cover that I had (Hospitology) so I bought and put another cover (SafeRest brand) on top of the first cover. The covers are both a bit baggy. Is the bagginess a problem? Also what about using 2 covers? Thanks

2. fmlimscared

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 0:01:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone? Please help

3. SalsaVince

Posted 4 days ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 7:24:24
    #

Login to Send PM

You didn't explain why you felt the need to put on another cover. Did the previous cover have holes in it? You could always use duct tape or something as firm to patch up small holes if needed. The bagginess is not an issue unless it actually droops down to the floor and you are trying to isolate your bed. They normally fit a little loose so I wouldn't worry about that.
    When you had your last treatment, did you have that first mattress cover on already? In other words, did the cover have residual spray on it to kill bugs? If so, I would recommend not covering it up with a new untreated cover. It's better to keep it on the outside layer so it can continue to kill bugs. For our treatments, I let the mattresses get treated for the first round and then put on the cover before the second treatment so it could get sprayed as well and have kept it on since.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  4. fmlimscared

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 9:29:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I put the second one on b/c I was still getting bites after the second treatment. I thought the bugs were biting me through the cover... I’m also increasingly paranoid that they have spread to other rooms in my apartment especially since I found the dead bug in my kitchen. I have someone staying in my living room who doesn’t have any bites but I know that some people may not have a reaction to bites.

5. SalsaVince

Posted 4 days ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 10:17:23
    #

Login to Send PM

If you bought covers that specifically say they are made for bed bugs, they should be thick enough to prevent bites through the fabric. I would take off that extra cover to expose the treated one again unless you plan on having the outside of that extra cover treated as well. Yes, they can be in other parts of the home but they're typically going to be in sitting or sleeping areas so I would focus your inspections there. As you've established, they are not just coming from inside of your mattress since you have 2 covers on it but still saw a bug on you. Just keep your PCO informed of what activity you're seeing and they will treat as needed. Try not to stress over it as hard as that is to do.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,253 posts in 47,652 topics over 147 months by 21,005 of 21,326 members. Latest: scaredincanada, BleuRoses, mab1017