Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

mate w/o bites / buy bed bug foggers? / RV life / In car too? / Dermatologist?

(3 posts)
  1. zingy

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 23:42:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I have the bites, and my man doesn't. Has that happened to you?
    He smokes heavily, and I don't smoke at all. Is that a factor for your situation too?

I see Hot Shot Bed Bug and Flea foggers mentioned, but Hot Shot's webpage doesn't mention them. Did anyone try them? How long ago? Did they work for you? How often did you use them? Where did you buy them?

What's THE ingredient that kills the bugs?

We live in a small RV. Have flea bombed several times, and washed hot or dried on high heat clothes and linens and pillows and blankets, etc.

Think they could be carried into my car, too?

My bites have looked every different way imaginable. First ones every 6 inches apart in a row, others with blisters, some one inch away, some scabbed in middle. How were yours?

Did anyone go to a dermatologist to see if a rash or what? Did the doctor diagnose them? I went to a Walgreen's walk-in clinic, NP said contact dermatitis - I don't think she'd ever seen bed bug bites before.

If they come out at night to bite, how do they know it's nighttime? Or they just come out when someone is in bed, which is usually at night?

VIP Question:::::: Did your red areas seem to pop up almost before your eyes? Mine do.

Thanks for any insightful answers you can share with me and fellow readers.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 17:17:30
    #

Login to Send PM

They are trying to bite when you are still and at rest. It can happen in the daytime but is usually night.

FOGGERS are a bad idea. DO NOT USE THEM on bed bugs.

Since you have already done so, your problem may be even harder to treat, since foggers can disperse bed bugs into crevices, to hide more deeply.

There is no one good chemical. A combination of methods often works best.

I would seek good professional help.

Some people do not react to bed bug bites.

Finally, please read the FAQS-- most of your questions are covered (though we don't have info specifically on RVS). Then you can come back and ask more.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 17:18:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, and dermatologists cannot diagnose bed bug bites with any certainty and certainly not on sight. They can determine a bug bit you, apparently, if you have a skin biopsy. But can't say which bug.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982