Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

male or female? trying to gauge extent of infestation - help please :)

(3 posts)
  1. bugsplzdie

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 14:14:00
    #

Login to Send PM

to try and make a long story short... something has been feeding on me for at least a month. enough for me to suspect a mosquito or spider but i didnt think BB until two nights ago. i vaccummed, scrubbed, sprayed, already had mattress protector, and then in the morning i saw THIS.

an inspector came and saw no ovious signs of infestation in my bedroom. i am still in the process of getting sprayed, but im curious of the sex of the bug because im trying to gauge how bad this is. any help is appreciated. my life is not so great right now and this is really heavily weighing on me. thanks for your help.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 days ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 15:54:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Female, not male.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. bugsplzdie

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 16:35:56
    #

Login to Send PM

oh no is it unusual that i would have absolutely zero signs of infestation besides seeing this and my bites? even two inspectors couldnt find anything else.

i have so many clothes and linens etc (that have not come into contact with my bed area in a very long time) and the thoguht of havign to treat this all is daunting.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,253 posts in 47,652 topics over 147 months by 21,005 of 21,326 members. Latest: scaredincanada, BleuRoses, mab1017