Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Male or female

(2 posts)
  1. lsdrg706

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 3 2018 19:42:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I've had this pic since the 18th, and haven't posted this question because I really didn't want to know at the time. I do now I guess...

Anyway, this was the one I found literally just under the corner of my comforter a few weeks ago. Male or female? Can you tell with my rather crappy pic? Unfortunately I do not have a functioning scanner, so I had to use my cheapie macro lens on my phone. And also unfortunately I cannot get a better pic because well, it accidentally "exploded" under the tape when I put my phone on my desk, and when it became nothing more than a black stained blotch I threw it away into the used cat litter bin (which kinda felt satisfying).

https://flic.kr/p/L2qSCz

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 4 2018 8:12:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Too bad about the quality of the picture. It could be a late instar nymph. Not sure about the area where the front wings are.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,173 posts in 46,246 topics over 140 months by 20,386 of 21,217 members. Latest: VAhouse, dontpanic, Koroifox