Male or Female?

(2 posts)
  1. MuddaFrigginBedBugs

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 16 2018 13:41:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I just started to feel like maybe we were in the clear with this whole mess. I started unpacking more of the kids bins, some of which had been in their room. I dumped all their toys in a bath with scalding hot water and I find this dead sucker:

https://image.ibb.co/hPnD4d/morf.jpg

Is this a male or a female? Not that it matters all that much.

Before we packed the toys, we DID spray them pretty well with spray that is supposed to be residual, as well as doused the bins with DE, so I'm hoping that this thing was dead before I dumped the toys in the water. What is most discouraging though is the fact that I found them in the kids toys at all. Of all places I'd have expected to see one, it wouldn't have been their toys. The bug was super flat so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the spray or DE we had in the bins.

I'm using my laptop right now which now I'm afraid to even have on my lap as now I am even more paranoid that I already originally was (for anybody who saw my older posts). We haven't been getting bit which I suppose is a good sign but is this a cause for concern?

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 16 2018 16:53:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like a female.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14