(4 posts)
  1. AshSamHelp

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 19 2013 9:26:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Everyone,

I've lived in my apartment for over 2 years and never had any problems with bed bugs. 2 weeks ago I noticed a small blood spot on my bed but didn't think anything of it. I have a puppy and I thought maybe she hurt her paw or something. Thursday last week I woke up at 3 am with three bites. That is when I put the pieces together that I may have a problem. I barely slept this entire week in fear that I may have had a bug hitch hike on me. Last night I woke up right after being bit again at 2 am. I searched until I found the little devil. I put it in a zip lock in the freezer last night. I am wondering if anyone could tell if its a male or a female. I am praying that I got one male hich hiker. Can anyone look at the image and see what it looks like? Also I noticed it was more black then red. I am worried that I may have found one bed bug but not the one who fed on me since it didn't seem 'full". Can anyone tell what life stage this bug is in? Also since the bites have only happened once a week is that a sign of potentially having only one bug?

[img][/img]

Thank you for any help! I am freaking out!!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 19 2013 11:25:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Before trying to work out the sex you should have asked to confirm the species because its not bedbugs.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. AshSamHelp

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 19 2013 12:22:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,

Are you sure about this? I've had bed bugs before and I remember what they look like. This one looks like it shriveled up in the fridge over night. Here is one other pic i took last night in the light. Its blurry though bc its in the plastic bag.

screenshot capture

Thank you again,
    Ashley

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 19 2013 12:36:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes I am certain from the first image, the second is too blurry to ID from.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,277 posts in 49,227 topics over 152 months by 21,578 of 21,999 members. Latest: Cc8656, bb3784738, Buggingout111