Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

still infestation after 4 months, PLEASE HELP!

(9 posts)
  1. bbsinvenice

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 12:40:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey guys, Ive been following your posts for awhile now and decided to join to try and reach out for help. About 4 months ago, my roomate and I moved into a new house, thats roughly 50 years old. We started to discover bed bugs 2 months ago, first with a bad infestation in and around his bed. After calling the exterminator, they felt confident they could tackle the problem. After the first spray, we replaced both our beds, got mattress protectors, the works. Cleaned all our fabrics, etc, the usual preparations. Within the last two months, the PCO has come on four occasions, and we still have the bed bugs. Even on my own, I ordered DE and bedlam online. I applied it properly and thoroughly. The problem with the house is that its all wooden floors throughout, and we (PCO) and I believe theyre coming from within the structure. Ive even crawled on my stomach under the house to spray the structure with DE.

Between the extermination periods, I was setting my alarm every night between 4 and 6 am, finding occasional bugs on the wooden floors and in couches, etc. The last two treatments were very comprehensive and thorough, and since those, I was no longer finding them on the floors at 4am. HOWEVER, since the third and fourth treatments, Ive been finding these bed bugs on our walls around 8 to 10 in the morning or throughout the day well into the evening. Most have been small, I am no longer finding the fully grown adults. Yet why am I finding them on the walls now? We've even sprayed the walls with bedlam and DE (lightly applied) The PCO seems to be surprised that Im still finding them.

Do I have any hope of getting rid of these? The PCO suggested we bomb the house if the fourth time didnt work, and I havent called them back yet, despite finding three in the last two days in broad daylight on the walls. I read on here that bombing the house doesnt work. What else can I do? I have murphys oil soap as well. Would fumigation work on these? Ive even considered moving at this point, but am worried my roomate or I will just bring them with us to the next place because they could be anywhere (even though Ive torn through every inch of the house, in appliances, behind picture frames, furniture, electronics, our clothes, and have not found any nests or bugs etc. I just keep finding them on our walls, mostly concentrated in my roomates roon where that major infestation with his bed first occured. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please help, Im going nuts with sleepless nights and constant anxiety, I really cant live in these conditions anymore, and this problem has really changed my life.

So basically, what other steps can I take to getting rid of them? Any other treatments? A new pco? Why are they appearing in broad daylight on the walls? Will I ever get rid of them?

Lastly, even though my bed isolated from the floor and walls on risers, nothing is touching the ground, and Ive soaked the posts and box spring in bedlam. Yet i still have minor blood stains on my pillows occasionally, even though I dont appear to be getting bitten (everything else about me is fine healthwise, which is why I dont get it) Thanks everyone for reading, I really appreciate any ideas or help.

2. Itchy-Scratchy

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 13:29:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you only finding small nymphs, or are you finding adults also?

It's possible that the treatments are working but that the eggs are hatching ... anybody else have an opinion??

3. bbsinvenice

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 13:33:37
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks for the response! Since the treatments, Ive only been finding nypmhs on the walls, and ones no bigger than the third or fourth stage of their cycle. As the exterminations have progressed, I have not found any fully grown adult ones at any time of day.... Just these smaller ones on my walls at odd hours of the day. The floors, furniture, and beds have been soaked thoroughly by the PCO with sterifab and a much more potent solution, and since the pco treatments, Ive continued to spray the floor cracks, etc with bedlam and DE.

4. Piolina

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 14:08:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow today I had my second fumagation and they are going to fumagated 5 units more. But I haven't got bitten latly on. I hope they die soon. Sorry to hear that you still finding more. My PCO says that it looks like we are going to finish with them.

5. bbsinvenice

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 14:22:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Piolina- sorry to hear! Hope it works for you. So is fumigation an acceptable method for getting rid of bed bugs? My pco said that would be last resort, and we'd have to get all fabrics and foods out of the house for 24 hours. The four treatments so far have all been with spraying methods. (He's even pulled off all the electric and light switch face plates and put chalk in them, etc) Ive read on here that bombing / fumigation doesnt work. The pco described a method of using a machine in the house, closing all the windows, and creating a cloud of sorts that would fill the whole house. I imagine at this point after four treatments, the bugs are well within the wooden structure and walls between our bedrooms. (Prior to treatments, I had been finding nests initially near the old infested bed, and behind / within picture frames, etc) Thanks again guys, I really appreciate this.

6. F@ Bed Bugs

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 14:35:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not sure if this an option for you, but if the infestation is that bad, I would move. I know that is not a fun idea, but it might be better than living with paranoia for the next forever. From what I have been reading, people battling bed bugs have it rough. It seems as though it consumes their life and its a shame that anyone should have to live with that. I don't even know if my house is infested and its all I think about. It sucks and I am sorry for you. Would moving be too much hassle?

7. Piolina

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 16:32:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed Bugs my PCO doesn't recomend moving and is the safe for you new neighbors cause you could taken with you. For your safe side you need to get a writing notice from the PCO that you are BB Free.

8. Livingagain

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Oct 31 2008 6:52:52
    #

Login to Send PM

The only kind of fumigation that actually works for bed bugs, from what I understand, is the one where they tent the house and pump in Vikane gas for 24 hours. Other kinds of "fumigations" will just drive them into the walls.

9. Livingagain

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Oct 31 2008 6:55:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I think they say that some treatments make the bugs start doing unusual things like going up on the walls in the day, so maybe you're making progress. Can you isolate your beds and put de, poison where they would have to walk when trying to find a way to get to you?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus