Low-income tenants left to fend for themselves in Pontiac, MI complex

(4 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Jun 20 2011 2:24:35
    #

Login to Send PM

There's a lot going wrong at this Pontiac, MI apartment complex. Check out the blog post and included videos.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. blargg

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Jun 20 2011 6:09:30
    #

Login to Send PM

This story makes me sick... these poor folks are doomed.

3. otaku1811

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 3:09:43
    #

Login to Send PM

That is exactly what I am going through at the HUD housing apartment complex I live at right now. They say they can only give us information but they can't hire professionals or do anything and treating the problem is "not their responsibility."

4. Sleepingwithvampbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 7:24:51
    #

Login to Send PM

This makes me sick and so sad. I reside in michigan as well not in that city though, and not in a low income housing apartment. I guess I'm lucky to have a good landlord that is taking it off our rent to have the problem treated and taken care of. But we have to come up with the cash ourselfs first. I'm hopeful that we will rid our problem it was said to be a low infestation in the beginning's so fingers crossed.. I feel so bad for these people. How dare our goverment not offer such help for low income people these bugs are a HUGE problem and so hard to rid them out of your home. They are not there because they are low income dirty people they hitched hiked there some how My heart go's out to theses residents. My family is in no spot to be able to afford this either we live pay check to paycheck even looking for second jobs. Never in my life did I think we would have to battle this issue. Same on hud and the apartment owners for not helping them. property owners should be aware they may once in their lifetime come across this issue and be ready to handle accordingly in a fast manner! I can't believe they are giving them boxes of poisons to treat it themselfs from everything I have read this can only make it worse if not done right and make them flee from apartment to apartment. This is not like an "ant" issue or even coach roach issue damn get it together and help these people please soon. Sending my thoughts and prayers to everyone who resides there.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,258 posts in 50,151 topics over 155 months by 21,922 of 22,418 members. Latest: Ldrago, frustrated1970, duracell