Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Lou, David, or other pro? ID question.

(6 posts)
  1. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 22 2017 10:06:15
    #

Login to Send PM

This is one of the lil guys I found a few weeks after no sightings. I'd treated, and one night, completely randomly, something told me to check the chair. Not 30 seconds and I found this and another a couple inches away. I couldn't find my alcohol spray bottle, so I grabbed a can of multi-insect Raid with BB listed on the back. I purposely wanted to spray and kill so as to not squash it.

The question: is this male or female, and is this 'recently fed' or not? Also, I apologize for the kinda crap quality- I couldn't get a decent photo closeup because of its location. The other one (few inches down) was impossible to photograph, and I'll be honest, I don't even know how I saw it- it was inside a fold of the chair)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157967708@N08/36689646836

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 22 2017 10:12:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its not fed in a least a few days but the angle and focus is not good enough for me to sex, other than that its not an adult as best as I can tell.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 22 2017 10:18:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you!! I'd sprayed/sprinkled, and roughly 2-3 weeks had gone by with no bites or sightings.... then these 2. The other was shaped slightly differently. This was about a week ago. Maybe a tad more? Now I'm seeing 1st instars on this chair in the same general location (I've sprayed and sprinkled again)... and told my husband not to be surprised if he comes home from work to see it by the outside bins. Haha

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 22 2017 10:26:01
    #

Login to Send PM

For any ID you have to set the phone/camera to highest resolution and largest picture size.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 23 2017 4:14:59
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up - 17 hours ago  » 
    Thank you!! I'd sprayed/sprinkled, and roughly 2-3 weeks had gone by with no bites or sightings.... then these 2. The other was shaped slightly differently. This was about a week ago. Maybe a tad more? Now I'm seeing 1st instars on this chair in the same general location (I've sprayed and sprinkled again)... and told my husband not to be surprised if he comes home from work to see it by the outside bins. Haha

Hi. If you put it out with the bins then please destroy it so no one else takes it home. You could try steaming it if you want to keep it but that would be difficult. Otherwise spray it and put it in a sealed bag and leave it in an outbuilding for 18 months.

6. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 23 2017 5:50:16
    #

Login to Send PM

frightened - 1 hour ago  » 

psychologically_messed_up - 17 hours ago  » 

Hi. If you put it out with the bins then please destroy it so no one else takes it home. You could try steaming it if you want to keep it but that would be difficult. Otherwise spray it and put it in a sealed bag and leave it in an outbuilding for 18 months.

Yes!! Any furniture I've gotten rid of thus far has either been dismantled and taken to the street in pieces (not on the same days), or I've taken a knife to it and made it so no one would want it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,891 posts in 50,057 topics over 155 months by 21,882 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019