Lots of bites, no bug

(2 posts)
  1. Aika2009

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Sat Nov 17 2018 20:53:08
    #

Login to Send PM

**Disclaimer : English isn't my first langage and I learned most of it on the internet, so please don't mind the errors!!

Since early september I noticed bug bites on my lower legs. Mosquitos love me a lot so I tought it was it even if it was getting a bit cold for mosquitos. Then more bites, then my bf got some too but none on my now 1 yo girl.
    My baby girl ends up in my bed most nights, never a single bite, but I now have bites everywhere, bf a bit more too. We began suspecting bedbugs.
    Yesterday I emptied the bedroom and started to look for bugs (I expected to find a hundred). I find only this one. Not sure if it is indeed a bedbug?

We rented a dry steam machine, I started to put every piece of clothing in the dryer at high heat, we emptied everything in the room, unscrewed wall fixtures, looked in every nook and cranny of the bed frame and the mattress (we don't have a boxspring) We didn't find any bug dead or alive, no empty shell, no nymph, nothing. The only thing I didn't inspected was the comforter wich has a lot of fabric folds. It's the first thing I put in a plastic bag and sealed. I don't really want to look deeper at it and have bb all over me eeww.

We plan to ask an expert to come over and inspect, but do we need to dry steam every other room and do I keep over drying everything?

It's been nearly 3 months since the bites started, from what I read we'd have found more traces than the one bug, right? There's blood stain in my sheets but I scratch the bites a lot and it bleeds so I don't take it as a good evidence. There was little black small seed like things on the mattress, but that's pretty much it.

Thanks in advance!

2. Aika2009

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Sat Nov 17 2018 21:00:45
    #

Login to Send PM

The image doesn't seem to work in the op.

We even ripped some vinyl floor tiles to look under and there was nothing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19