Lost my mind with bb

(6 posts)
  1. sxysqueaky

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Feb 10 2013 21:05:47
    #

Login to Send PM

On Jan 6th i woke up to red itchy welts EVERYWHERE, went to doctor and an hour later he tells me that if they do not go away in a week they are bed bugs. Never went away and seems every 3 days i had more and more. Called PCO and they came to the house looked over bed and couch and said nope you have no BB. 2 hours after him leaving i was on couch watching tv and notice something moving on my shirt. Caught it and put in Ziploc. Well then foolishly i bought a steamer and 13 days worth of the bed bug and flea bombs. After countless hours of reading about these creatures i thought that if i had set a few bombs off every single day for 13 days they would for sure be dead. Day 4 into that i spent night at my mothers for the weekend actually but went home every day to set the bombs off. So day 6 i come home sit on couch and ill be darned if there isn't another one crawling on my damn shirt!! So i caught it in another container and drug my couch out to the street cut it to shreds then took my recliner out did the same. I have steamed and encased all the mattresses in the house and the same night i had just one new mark. This has been the biggest most traumatizing thing i have ever been through in my life and i am a single mom of 4 kids under 10! I had another PCO come out and look around he said once again i did not have BB's but i showed him the 2 i had found and he said yes they were bed bugs. So i scheduled the treatment and spent next 48 hours with no sleep bagging up 99% of my house and putting all our stuff in garage. I followed the PCO's sheet to the T when i was boxing and bagging i never once found a bug i did however find 3 piles of 'skins' in my hope chest and i took a picture of them but when i showed the guy the picture he told me those were carpet beetles YAY another bug to try to learn more about. He came on Thursday morning for a chemical treatment and so its been 3 days now and ill be damned if 2 hours ago i wasn't sitting in my chair and noticed something moving again!!!! ANOTHER one!! I cannot tell you when the last time i have slept a full 5 hours let alone be able to sit still 5 seconds without thinking something is crawling on me. My head is covered in scabs from digging because i have imagined they are living in my head and thats the only reason i keep finding them on my shirt!! Have been back to doc to check for lice just to know for sure thats not why my damn heads itching to death. I am a point of hopelessness ready to go to the nuthouse from this driving me insane.
    It is so hard living with your whole house boxed, bagged up and not having anything but big ziplocs to live out of. I do not know what to do. PCO says to leave everything bagged for 2 weeks until after the next treatment but at this rate im not sure ill be able to make it 2 weeks =( Any suggestions, comments would REALLY help!!! Really kills me that there are no cast skins fecal matter or live bugs besides the 3 i found on ME so what is really going on?
    I have read so many different entries on here all i think of all day long is this issue.
    Going CRAZY in KY

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Feb 10 2013 23:21:36
    #

Login to Send PM

My understanding is that bug bombs can actually make them hide deeper in your home, rather than killing them off. Setting them off is not recommended.

It is probably good that you have a PCO treating but if you have one of those three "confirmed by PCO" bugs, please post a photo here for an expert to ID. It is not unheard of for people to get an incorrect ID from someone trying to sell a PCO service, so posting an image will help confirm.

Also, sometimes people have bat bugs or bird bugs which are mistaken for bed bugs since they're close relatives. Even the pest tech who came out may have mistaken them. If you have any bats or birds nesting on your house or which have recently abandoned nests, then this may be the problem. It might explain also why the normal signs indoors are lacking. You need a detailed photo to ID bat or bird bugs but again, a photo would really help the experts try to ID them. If you do have bird or bat bugs then it's essential the correct diagnosis is made, so treatment will eliminate the nests, bats and/ or birds.

Some of the experts may have additional comments for you.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. cazzap06

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 11 2013 21:22:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Sxysqeaky - You are not the only one darling , it is enough to drive many to despair and that includes grown MEN of course because how much stress can we actually take as human beings???

If you add pressure to something then keep adding pressure , well it will damage the thing thats all I can say!

I am concentrating on trying to properly look after myself now and get enough rest and to avoid other stresses as I find any ADDED stress on top of the stress of the bed bugs is what pushes me toooooo far

Thank goodness you did find those bug(gers ) on you otherwise the PCO would not have believed you and you'd be , well , in my situation where I did not keep the one lone one I found although I am 98% sure it was a bed bug , am too scared to go looking or hunting for them coz I would freak out , but anyway still trying to treat it the best I can AND take care of my health at the same time which really is a PRIORITY honey! xxx

4. sxysqueaky

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 19:13:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I read how to post a pic but now completely went blank. Am on my cell and have to take picture from cell so it's not the best picture

5. sxysqueaky

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 19:18:39
    #

Login to Send PM

6. Koebner

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 19:37:21
    #

Login to Send PM

If you could try taking a couple more shots against a plain background, that would be great.

Sorry if I'm going over the obvious, but just in case;

Check your phone's camera settings & make sure it's set to the highest file size/ best resolution.
    Check the camera options/ preferences for a macro setting (flower symbol) & experiment with that.
    Try to focus more on the sample & include less background.

One more merely technical thing - if you could please throw the odd paragraph break into your text, that would be great - big blocks of text can be a bit hard to follow on phones & other small-screen devices.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45