Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Losing the BB Battle...all treatments failing...HELP!

(7 posts)
  1. LYE171

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue May 31 2016 23:23:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I am at my mental breaking point here, as I've read most of you are. I've been on this forum several times, but now i'm in need of some advice myself.
    My battle with bed bugs began on Thanksgiving Day 2015. To try to shorten a long story, I found a small harborage on my mattress and, of course, panic set in. I live in an apartment complex with a bed bug addendum (hooray...) saying that I am responsible for treatment since I "must have brought them in"...I lived in the apartment for 1 full year before having any known problems. I notified my apartment manager, who brought in their own PCO company (one known to be cheap and ineffective I might add) to inspect the surrounding apartments (or so I was told). They did not inspect my apartment and told me I was "on my own" and that they did not find anything in the surrounding units. I had multiple PCOs come out to do inspections and provide quotes before settling on one with great reviews, specialized in BB treatments and offered heat treatments with a 90 day guarantee, as well as a BB sniffing dog service. My apartment was treated and cleared a few weeks later by the BB dog and the PCO/owner of the company. To my horror I found a bed bug on new years eve, and would continue to find one or two every month with no other signs. Each time this happened the PCO would come, positively identify the bug, and multiple types of treatment, including chemicals (Temprid is the only one I know off hand), would follow. I have checked at work and no one there has any signs of the bugs, so i don't believe I am bringing them in. I have been fighting these things for about 6 long months now, and i am sick of it. I just went two whole months with no sightings after the last treatment, and then suddenly I found 20 bed bugs in 3 days. From 0-20 just like that! And what's got the PCO stumped is the fact that they are being found in the dining room/kitchen. Not the bedroom or living room, and not in the climb ups he installed for the bed and the couch. They ARE bed bugs and have been repeatedly confirmed as such, but no one can figure out the source. We are fairly certain that they are traveling through the walls from another unit, and we don't hold much stock in the other company's inspection of the surrounding units. Anyway, at this point all I know to do is move. I know it is best to treat before moving, but this seems to be a completely lost cause. Any input would be appreciated, such as theories, alternatives and tips on moving without bringing the tiny jerks with me. I plan to discard my old/cheap items and heat treat the moving truck for the larger things that I can't clean. I am at my wits end here!

2. LYE171

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue May 31 2016 23:28:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I forgot the mention that in addition to the heat treatment, chemicals were also applied. Also, when Temprid was later used after rediscovering more BBs, Cimexa was applied as well.
    I also found a BB that had been feeding in my dogs bed. I'm fairly certain they are tormenting her too. I myself have not experienced bites in months, but i have isolated my bed with climb ups, and my reactions were usually fairly mild so it's difficult to say for sure. But I have not seen any signs on the bed since it was isolated.

3. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jun 1 2016 7:46:19
    #

Login to Send PM

And are you certain there are no bird nests or bats located at this building? If it's bedbugs, then it sounds like the adjacent units aren't getting treated appropriately.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  4. INFJ171

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jun 1 2016 7:49:57
    #

Login to Send PM

My PCO mentioned the strange location could be from bat bugs and took samples to 3 entomologists (I believe that's correct...bug scientists) who all confirmed they were bed bugs. The other units were merely "inspected" and found to be clear by the landlord's preferred company

5. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jun 1 2016 8:59:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I am no expert but it sounds like you have a good PCO. I wonder if the 20 that suddenly appeared are the result of another unit being treated. Sounds like the company's PCO may be dodgy. Personally I think moving may be the best option. I imagine that as you have already reported a problem to the msnagement company you may have to get the all clear to being bedbug free before they let you go without any penalties. If you could find someone in the building to admit to bedbugs then perhaps they may waiver the penalties.
    If you decide to move there is a section on this website somewhere giving advice on moving bedbug free.

Sorry you are having this torment

6. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jun 1 2016 9:04:56
    #

Login to Send PM

7. JoeTheOdd

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jun 9 2016 3:59:08
    #

Login to Send PM

This is the biggest problem with infestations in apartments. If every unit isn't treated at once, it just makes it too easy for the bugs to pick up and move next door. I'm not gonna claim it happens every time, but it just seems like what would happen a lot of the times. I'm sure there's apartment dweller success stories out there, but I'd just move.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus