Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Losing Sleep Over These Tiny Bites!! HELP PLS

(7 posts)
  1. needhelpbuthopeful

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 17:42:57
    #

Login to Send PM

This past weekend I was at the beach and stayed at a hotel for someone’s wedding. During the wedding, I felt sharp, tiny pin pricks and I started scratching and figured they were small flies on the beach that were biting me because I literally saw one bite me on my arm. However the last few days, I’ve been getting very tiny bites scattered across my body. It makes me very anxious and I’m not totally sure if they’re from sand flies anymore.

I know it’s difficult to ID bed bug bites but I’ve never had bed bugs before so I’m not sure what the bites look like. If someone could tell me if these look similar to what you’ve had, that would help. I don’t know if I’m overreacting, and my father is choosing not to take this seriously.
    Here are what they look like

LINK

They are not very itchy, they itch when they initially appear and then heal within 1-3 days. Does this sound normal? PLEASE GIVE ME ANY IDEA I am freaking out I’ve never had bed bugs idk what to do.

2. needhelpbuthopeful

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 17:43:59
    #

Login to Send PM

By the way I forgot to mention that I searched my mattress throughly and found no fecal stains,
    Blood, eggs or anything like that. I am confused and worried

3. zelchbug

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 18:21:26
    #

Login to Send PM

needhelpbuthopeful - 35 minutes ago  » 
    By the way I forgot to mention that I searched my mattress throughly and found no fecal stains,
    Blood, eggs or anything like that. I am confused and worried

Can't tell you if it's a bed bug bite or not but the one closest to your wrist looks like flea bites I've had in the past. I lived with a guy with 3 dogs and occasionally I'd get bitten by a flea, looked a lot like that. I've also come across fleas in hotel rooms, just a thought.

4. needhelpbuthopeful

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 19:04:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I don’t have any dogs or cats around me so I doubt it would be fleas. Also, I don’t find these bites upon waking up, I just find them throughout the day

5. Unsure0817

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 20:10:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn’t worry too much. Say you did get bit by bed bugs on your trip, that doesn’t mean you brought them home. Some bites don’t surface until days later. Also, if by chance you did bring some home, you will be catching the problem before it becomes difficult to treat. (But, remember skin issues can be the result of a lots of other things besides bed bugs.) You can look up how to make a diy monitor on this site. It’s easy and can bring peace of mind. Good luck!

6. needhelpbuthopeful

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 23:33:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Where do I find how to DIY a monitor? Please help link me, that would be very useful. What do I do if I keep getting bites but still see no sign of bed bugs on my mattress?

7. Unsure0817

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 14:13:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Here you go: http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/diy-monitor-for-those-on-a-tight-budget

If you scroll down to the bottom, Lou explains how to make a fan shaped one, too.

I’m not sure how to answer your question because I’m not an expert, but if no bugs show up on the monitors after a couple of weeks, you’re probably fine. If you’re really freaked out, you can always get a professional inspection.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,560 posts in 46,603 topics over 142 months by 20,554 of 21,420 members. Latest: TRAY, tjg, jm1985