Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Losing my mind and sanity

(3 posts)
  1. Minorinfestation

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Oct 15 2015 22:41:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I just recently discovered my infestation but it is causing my mental and physical health to deteriorate within 5 days of the 1st treatment t. I feel so alone in this fight with my family not understanding the severity of the situation (even though it was assured by my pco that my situation was a minor one) by taking extra precautions.

I feel like I cannot go out, fear of sitting on the bus, fear of hugging friends and family, fear of going to people's houses. Basically I'm having a fear of being social. When I'm at home I'm locked in my room. I don't eat or drink. Just shower, get ready and leave for when I have to.

I just need someone to talk to. I feel desperate and suicidal. Why did it have to happen to me? I know I am whining but I feel a sense of hopelessness. Just graduated from university and waa beginning to adjust to my new future. But this is causing me to become severely depressed and isolated.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Oct 15 2015 22:55:20
    #

Login to Send PM

First - If you feel like you're all alone and may want to hurt yourself, please follow this link here and reach out for help. http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/if-you-are-feeling-suicidal-or-anxious-1

Second - You're not alone. People are here to help listen, answer questions, and provide support the best way we can. I'm not going to go on and on because your time would be better spent heading over to the link mentioned above. Best of luck ..... You'll be ok, and you will have this behind you in no time.

3. plshelp

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Oct 15 2015 23:45:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I just newly discovered my own infestation, myself.

Luckily the days keep me busy enough to keep it off my mind, but the lack of sleep has taken a toll on me already. (I stayed up for forty+ hours until yesterday, yikes!)

So if you want to chat with someone in a fairly new and similar circumstance, I am here! :^)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,754 posts in 49,796 topics over 154 months by 21,795 of 22,260 members. Latest: insecureuser, o0liver19, Laura07